Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 61 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Reaction Score
This isn't worst-case scenario, but it is confirmation that ESPN continues to duck* over UConn.

I don't think there's some anti-UConn conspiracy in Bristol, but it's interesting that the two sides' business interests always seem to conflict. It's time for the state to actually step up and do something.

Reaction Score
Hope they aren't same sources as CB.

Pete Thamel@SIPeteThamel 1 min ago
Source: Status quo in the Big 12. No members added. League still discussing adding more TV revenue from ESPN and Fox.
Chip's sources historically are the Texas president's office. If that's indeed who told him that, the source either purposely lied, or it's 100% fact. Thamel, though his opinions at times are infuriating, sources his information just as well.

Reaction Score
Chip's sources historically are the Texas president's office. If that's indeed who told him that, the source either purposely lied, or it's 100% fact. Thamel, though his opinions at times are infuriating, sources his information just as well.

CB was just a bit too quick but I don't disagree.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If them doing nothing is true we lucked out today. The reality is that we weren't getting an invite from the Big 12 unless they went to 4 and that's such a long shot....them holding at 10 and keeping the AAC gives us time to grow football back and watch the flash in the pans regress back (hopefully)

Reaction Score

I think he had contacts in the old regime under Dodds but, since the turnover at UT he hasn't broken anything which would indicate those sources are gone

Reaction Score
Kirk Bohls@kbohls 3 mins ago
Big 12 meeting had ended. Texas prez has left. ISU's Steven Leath just left, said "I've got to run a university."

In other words, "I can't believe I wasted my time coming to Dallas for this BS"

The full translation is - 'The XII is a complete circus and won't last 10 more years, so now I have to go run a University and find a new conference."

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
They couldn't even agree to stuff more money in their pockets...incredible.

Why would ESPN/FOX contemplate paying them more when it's clear they don't have the willpower to cash in the check that is already in their hands. This is impressive inaction. Absolutely impressive.

This is our time to strike. Kick out Tulsa/Tulane (not personal, just market), and make a play for CSU and AirForce/BYU/Boise (first to sign).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've been completely baffled by the coverage and conversation the last couple of weeks.

It's been obvious for weeks they weren't adding anyone. As soon as Boren changed his tune publically it was DOA.

Reaction Score
I think he had contacts in the old regime under Dodds but, since the turnover at UT he hasn't broken anything which would indicate those sources are gone

You just not counting this one today, then? He was first.

Reaction Score
In the end ESPN is happy with owning UConn properties for 2 million a year. Let's hope Aresco can find a way to beef up the conference money until the next B1G contract starts to open up and the plates start to shift.

I'm wondering if they DO re-work the contract will OK and TX refuse to extend the GOR still?

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
If I was a president of any one of the finalists,after all the time,money,personnel,etc.spent by each university,not including being put through a circus atmosphere through the whole process,I would have a certain signal,with my hand,the next time they call me suggesting I,the university,apply for expansion with the Bag,errr Big 12.

Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 8h8 hours ago
NCAA President Mark Emmert says he would prefer an 8-team CFB Playoff so all Power 5 conference champions are guaranteed a bid

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 4h4 hours ago
B1G commish Jim Delany asked if @CFBPlayoff committee got the 4 teams right? “I think it did."

B1G commish Jim Delany said television did not dictate B1G play on Friday nights. It was league's decision

B1G commish Jim Delany: "Too much ice cream is not good. Too many playoff games is not good.” Not sure, I agree w/too much ice cream comment

B1G commish Jim Delany said there is no “look in” to expand @CFBPlayoffs after 6 years before 2020 season

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 3h3 hours ago
B1G commish Jim Delany, when told NCAA President Mark Emmert prefers an 8-team CFBPlayoff:
"Everyone has an opinion. He doesn't have a vote though."

John Janda ‏@jJandbytheGram 2h2 hours ago
John Janda Retweeted Brett McMurphy

Was he asks about his previous comments of conference champs should be in the playoffs?

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 2h2 hours ago
@jJandbytheGram Yes, he has referenced that several times. That he “lost that election"

Pac-12’s Larry Scott doesn’t expect Power 5 expansion “for foreseeable future. When might it happen again? Perhaps when TV contracts are up"

Pac-12’s Larry Scott on 16-team conferences: “I think it’s likely, I don’t know timeframe"

Pac-12’s Larry Scott hints to watch out when Pac-12 football/hoops TV rights expire in 2024. “We’ll be in a very unique position"

Unfortunately, I think it will be a P4 with 16 teams per league. Would we make the cut? Probably not, unless we can obtain AAU status, then we have a shot. How would they address the independents and the academies? How does the PAC get to 16? Oh well, we have a few years to P4, lets hope we can hang in financially until then.

Reaction Score
It would be hard for us to miss the 64 team cut. It would also be nice to make that an impossibility by getting serious about football.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I think it will be a P4 with 16 teams per league. Would we make the cut? Probably not, unless we can obtain AAU status, then we have a shot. How would they address the independents and the academies? How does the PAC get to 16? Oh well, we have a few years to P4, lets hope we can hang in financially until then.

I don't think it will be. Each conference has its own needs and some need more members than others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom