Comment by Frese | The Boneyard

Comment by Frese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess she is implying when her team plays like $### it is not her fault.... just trying to put herself in a no lose situation, typical Frese

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We made the champion of her conference look pretty bad.

Sorry, Triad, just telling it like it is. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I see nothing wrong with Frese's comments. She's one of my lesser favorite coaches, but she was probably answering questions about what to expect when playing UCONN. I think both teams will be a fair amount different from when they met the first time. The best thing for UCONN is that our "3 to see" are much improved healthy wise (physically and mentally). I do still think our lack of guard depth (losing Banks hurt a lot) could be a problem, but I really think we have the horses to win by 15-20.

Reaction Score
UConn does make a lot of good teams look bad. There are really no teams that make UConn look bad - there are some that make you look beatable (ND, Baylor), but even in those losses, UConn still looks like an elite team. On the other hand, UConn has made good teams like Duke and Stanford, look bad. Brenda is spot on.

HGN

Reaction Score
Frese is right.............UCONN does make a lot of good teams look bad. And makes the bad teams look horrible. There was Nothing wrong with her statement. We have seen just that for years now. Have even come to expect it.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think thats a respectable quote!

I think Maryland is a good team. I am impressed that they done as well as they have with just a freshman PG, a transfer, and PF in the backcourt.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see nothing wrong with Frese's comments. She's one of my lesser favorite coaches, but she was probably answering questions about what to expect when playing UCONN. I think both teams will be a fair amount different from when they met the first time. The best thing for UCONN is that our "3 to see" are much improved healthy wise (physically and mentally). I do still think our lack of guard depth (losing Banks hurt a lot) could be a problem, but I really think we have the horses to win by 15-20.

Well if there is any game that your lack of guard depth wouldnt be a problem, it would be this game. I think you guys have a huge advantage in that department.. You guys have 4 capable ballhandlers.... Maryland has at best two.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Great comment and very respectable by Brenda. I have a feeling this UConn team will come out on a mission this weekend and devastate both teams they face. It will come down to defense and how much of a pounding can our opponets take before running out of gas. Preseason many posters called this UConn team almost unbeatable. Well over the past couple of weeks many of the injuries appear to have healed for the most part and we look like a different team then we did a few months ago. This weekend is showtime and there will be no mercy as we make our run to the FF and A National Championship for Kelly Faris.

GO Huskies

Reaction Score
Frese knows the value of what UCONN brings to the table and she knows that MD is in a very tough situation today being short benched. UCONN has too many weapons and is too deep and will wear MD out at the end of each have and win by 20........77-57..........GO HUSKIES!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I read this quote and was trying to think who were the ACC champions, and then I remembered it was Duke :oops: Its been a long day.
Get some Krispy Kremes and a Cheerwine. Your blood sugar level must be very low. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom