Coming Together | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coming Together

Reaction Score
Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!? NO!
But the bombing still had some casualties!

Cannot keep up with this horsecrap no more. Won't do me no good. Not in good shape. This whole thing is not worth observing anymore.

Reaction Score
Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!? NO!
200.gif

AAC_Primary_Logo_large.png

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
After thinking about it all day, I’ve concluded I need to take a break. I don’t know if it will be two days, two months or two years. I just know that I was emotionally invested in the idea of P6 and now that is over.

I have a Syracuse client/ friend that has always challenged my UConn fandom knowing that I was originally from upstate NY. Just a month ago he reached out to say UConn football is rumored to be terminated. Like the story which broke last night, I arrogantly dismissed his rumor as fake news. Uh, boy was I wrong. So wrong. And I am sure he is laughing right now.

Maybe this will all work out. Maybe the AAC will implode once the next round of CRA gets rolling vindicating this move as smart. Maybe we make independent football fun (come on university - start selling this story next week). Maybe Fox gets us a soft landing schedule wise. Maybe Hurley gets a final four which would certainly soften the blow. But really my personal fun was with recruiting and roster building. Not sure independent football really warrants the level of attention I would give a floundering P6 program.

What won’t be fun is watching the inevitable churn in this recruiting cycle and with the roster.

So for now- I need a break. Emotionally this is still like a ton of bricks with too many “told you so’s” to deal with.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I’m just pissed that UConn will never be mentioned in the same sentence with UNC, Michigan, Florida, etc. from an academic perspective. We were so close. Now it’s gone forever.

Seriously, our only hope of becoming a significant player again is if the NCAA drops FB as a sport for safety reasons and we win a couple more NC’s in BB. Other than that, we’re URI.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I’m just pissed that UConn will never be mentioned in the same sentence with UNC, Michigan, Florida, etc. from an academic perspective. We were so close. Now it’s gone forever.

Seriously, our only hope of becoming a significant player again is if the NCAA drops FB as a sport for safety reasons and we win a couple more NC’s in BB. Other than that, we’re URI.

We’ve screwed ourselves on so many levels. In many senses, I’m embarrassed to be an alum. We were mismanaged and didn’t receive the support a flagship university deserves.

Reaction Score
I have a plan for them now, shut it down. Why burn money away. Honestly? I never thought I'd ever say this, but here I am. This program is better off being dead then bleeding money playing as an independent against worthless opponents. People think it's bad now? Just wait until we play a different schedule each year with the highlight being UMass. Then again, they'll probably take our spot in the AAC and not have room to schedule us.

Can you imagine....UMass has just passed us on the P5 pecking order should they join the AAC.....hahahaha.....
UMass in the AAC makes more sense than ever now, unfortunately

Reaction Score
HUGE HUGE black eye for those running the show at the top over the last 6 years. They screwed us, big time. We developed an ID by the time we reached the Fiesta Bowl. Then we hire incompetent a**holes that only used us as a launching pad to other opportunities. They changed EVERYTHING and left us out to dry. Put us in a downward spiral. Now, we have some down years and we simply quit.
NOBODY at the top embraced what we built. Sad stuff. Downright disrespectful.
Nice job.

Reaction Score

Agree 100% on this. What is the excitement of striving for PC, Butler, or Seton Hall?

UConn officially became a mid major with this move. They've decided to hitch the UConn AD to a bunch of regional Catholic schools.

Yeah...

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
We’ve screwed ourselves on so many levels. In many senses, I’m embarrassed to be an alum. We were mismanaged and didn’t receive the support a flagship university deserves.
That sums it up right there.

States with smaller populations (Arkansas, Mississippi, West Virginia, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa) support their flagship a lot better than Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Agree 100% on this. What is the excitement of striving for PC, Butler, or Seton Hall?

UConn officially became a mid major with this move. They've decided to hitch the UConn AD to a bunch of regional Catholic schools.

Yeah...

Exactly. We join a conference solely with basketball in mind that is actually going to be worse than the AAC going forward.

Every team loses with this move, including basketball. And it absolutely signals we have bowed out of any chance to get into a P5 conference.

University wise, the athletic department will hemorrhage even more money.

But hey, the Big East was so cool in the 80s and 90s, amirite?

Amateur hour.

Reaction Score
After thinking about it all day, I’ve concluded I need to take a break. I don’t know if it will be two days, two months or two years. I just know that I was emotionally invested in the idea of P6 and now that is over.

I have a Syracuse client/ friend that has always challenged my UConn fandom knowing that I was originally from upstate NY. Just a month ago he reached out to say UConn football is rumored to be terminated. Like the story which broke last night, I arrogantly dismissed his rumor as fake news. Uh, boy was I wrong. So wrong. And I am sure he is laughing right now.

Maybe this will all work out. Maybe the AAC will implode once the next round of CRA gets rolling vindicating this move as smart. Maybe we make independent football fun (come on university - start selling this story next week). Maybe Fox gets us a soft landing schedule wise. Maybe Hurley gets a final four which would certainly soften the blow. But really my personal fun was with recruiting and roster building. Not sure independent football really warrants the level of attention I would give a floundering P6 program.

What won’t be fun is watching the inevitable churn in this recruiting cycle and with the roster.

So for now- I need a break. Emotionally this is still like a ton of bricks with too many “told you so’s” to deal with.

Appreciate all you have contributed to the board. You and huskymedic keep that recruiting board afloat with timely updates.

Sucks. But I don’t blame you.

Reaction Score
I have to say I saw this coming. I wouldn’t of made the move unless football was set. I honestly think we as a independent team could get great schedules. Independent is okay as long as you can get big time teams. If we can this might intrigue recruits into coming. I thought it was weird when Edsall was getting transfers and such. He knew this was coming also.

What move did you make?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Look at it from UConn's POV, the AAC/ESPN is trying to steal money from UConn to pump up the ESPN deal. They other schools have zero T3 value. UConn can sell it's WBB and FB for more than the AAC was offering when combined with the BE MBB number. Plus they get to keep more games on TV.

I could already here the whining that would occur when every UConn FB Game is on ESPN+. Compared to every other CR kick in the nuts that this program has endured, this is nothing and might be better if the FB schedule improves.

Reaction Score
Well... we have another year in the AAC. The news is going to be a distraction to the program. Our team, our staff, our head coach... has the program in their hands.

Our response to this is going to be one of the biggest challenges we will ever embark on. We aren’t basketball fans or football fans... we’re UConn fans. Maybe one day we will look back on this watching UConn football headline an E:60... maybe not. But damn, man. If there was ever a time to support this program and get butts in the seats. Scream. Yell. Face paint. It’s now! They need us more than ever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom