Coming Together | The Boneyard

Coming Together

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Today has really sucked. It feels like the beginning of the end, and I really feel for all of the players who have committed to our university and become a part of our Husky family, only to have the bottom fall out beneath them. I’m sure we’ll see a lot of guys enter the portal, and understandably so, and I’m sure we’ll understandably see a number of decommits. I feel bad for Randy. I’m sure he won’t catch the sympathy of many, but he has worked tirelessly to resurrect an absolute disaster and he cares about this program. What he’s built from nothing has been taken away without any notice—I’m sure that’s more heartbreaking than we can imagine.

Amidst this, I think it’s time we come together. The last decade has been awful, but this truly may be one of our last seasons fielding a team. The guys who stay are truly fighting for us and against this decision. It’s easy to just stop showing up, but these young men deserve better. They are going to fight this year. May not win, but they will be tough and loyal. It’s best we show our respect for them, for Randy, and enjoy the last couple years of what has been a magnificent rise and tragic conclusion.

This program has always meant so much to me. I was seven years old when we beat IU at the rent, a junior in high school by the time we faced OU in the fiesta bowl. This team has always meant time with friends and family, great memories, sunny days along with blistering cold and rain, heart stopping wins as well as depressing losses in a near empty stadium. I’ve stuck with them good and bad. I’m sure they’re hurting, and they deserve our support.

You guys in here are all awesome. I’ve loved talking football with you all in good and bad moments. This community deeply cares about the program, and I hope we make that known this season. I have a feeling this team will fight like heck and might give us something worth watching.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don't buy the fact that this was dropped on Randy without any notice. There's no way. If that was the case, I'd walk away immediately if I was Randy. Why stay? The guy has the money, he's at an age where he doesn't need to coach anymore, and this football program is done if there isn't already a plan in place that isn't named Independent.

I'm just as pissed as everyone on this board but I can't imagine that they didn't know this was happening and they didn't go into recruiting without any hint or word of this.

This AD is a dumpster fire with this move but I hope they at least had a plan for football and let Randy know what it was before they even went forward with this.

If they didn't, I don't blame any player for walking away including any of the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
I don't buy the fact that this was dropped on Randy without any notice. There's no way. If that was the case, I'd walk away immediately if I was Randy. Why stay? The guy has the money, he's at an age where he doesn't need to coach anymore, and this football program is done if there isn't already a plan in place that isn't named Independent.

I'm just as pissed as everyone on this board but I can't imagine that they didn't know this was happening and they didn't go into recruiting without any hint or word of this.

This AD is a dumpster fire with this move but I hope they at least had a plan for football and let Randy know what it was before they even went forward with this.

If they didn't, I don't blame any player for walking away including any of the coaching staff.

On the surface (at least publicly):

Jeff Jacobs @jeffjacobs123 1 hour ago
According to sources, UConn does not already have a plan set for where football plays when basketball and other sports go to Big East. Various options

Reaction Score

According to sources, UConn does not already have a plan set for where football plays when basketball and other sports go to Big East. Various options
When has UConn leadership ever had a plan? This was a great big to ESPN and Aresco for the SNY fiasco. Had to be.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You guys in here are all awesome. I’ve loved talking football with you all in good and bad moments. This community deeply cares about the program, and I hope we make that known this season. I have a feeling this team will fight like heck and might give us something worth watching.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score

I have a plan for them now, shut it down. Why burn money away. Honestly? I never thought I'd ever say this, but here I am. This program is better off being dead then bleeding money playing as an independent against worthless opponents. People think it's bad now? Just wait until we play a different schedule each year with the highlight being UMass. Then again, they'll probably take our spot in the AAC and not have room to schedule us.

Can you imagine....UMass has just passed us on the P5 pecking order should they join the AAC.....hahahaha.....

Reaction Score
Anyone who likes our women's team knew this about them years ago.
Applies to the men's program, too. More interested in inflating their egos than the welfare of their children. No surprise, really.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
When has UConn leadership ever had a plan? This was a great big to ESPN and Aresco for the SNY fiasco. Had to be.

That’s my thought. Feelings hurt over SNY. I initially thought rumors were floated as a negotiation tool, but that’s obviously not the case here.

In regards to what randy does or doesn’t know, there’s no way they’d approach him during negotiations. If things fell through with NBE, then you’ve basically shown your head coach you don’t value him or his program and you don’t get to change conferences. Perhaps he heard rumblings second hand, but I do not believe he was consulted prior to today’s news

Reaction Score
I have to say I saw this coming. I wouldn’t of made the move unless football was set. I honestly think we as a independent team could get great schedules. Independent is okay as long as you can get big time teams. If we can this might intrigue recruits into coming. I thought it was weird when Edsall was getting transfers and such. He knew this was coming also.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Today explains why they hired Edsall.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Today explains why they hired Edsall.
Exactly. He's a caretaker. I suppose the football rebranding is throwing him a bone because Nike doesn't give a deuce about the football program going forward.

Reaction Score
If you thought we were hemorrhaging money in the AAC, you ain’t seen nothing yet as an independent. 4 or 5 games against other Indies, 3 MAC games and then the obligatory pay checks vs SEC types ( all on the road). When has this path ever worked? I don’t count military academy’s situation.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
If you thought we were hemorrhaging money in the AAC, you ain’t seen nothing yet as an independent. 4 or 5 games against other Indies, 3 MAC games and then the obligatory pay checks vs SEC types ( all on the road). When has this path ever worked? I don’t count military academy’s situation.
It's an absolute money loser which is why I'm not sure the purpose in finding it anymore. That sentence absolutely kills me.

The worst part now is that if they do down the FB program or downgrade to FCS, what happens to The Rent? Sits empty except for random soccer game, hs football, lacrosse games, and beer fest?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom