Coming, Going, and Staying | The Boneyard

Coming, Going, and Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I found it really interesting that Dave O'Brien and Doris Burke kept pushing the storyline about who ND had returning and next season's recruiting class, without saying a thing about the Huskies. They kept intimating that ND will have everyone back next season and has 3 HS all-american recruits that that fact alone would somehow change the perceived outcome of games. UConn returns 4 starters from a NC team that is 37-1 last season. 2 of those starters are All-Americans and a third should have been. They also bring in 3 of the top 15 HS Players in the nation, including the #1 player in the country as well as Natalie Butler, who was Big East Freshman of the Year. Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, and Courtney Ekmark will be sophomores with another year of experience. Saniya Chong. who improved markedly will be a junior. Even with the loss of the greatest 3-point shooter in WCBB History and the best Shot Blocker in program history, the Huskies should be okay, too. Napheesia Collier has been tremendous and might be the most impactful player in the class next season. KLS's talent is obvious and should translate well to the college game you can't coach her ability to shoot the ball, I question her durability, DJB reminds me of Morgan Tuck but a bit smaller. ND will be better for sure next season, but so will UConn. You can't predict what will happen because of the variables involved in a long tough season, but based on what I see now, in the words of the greatest Rock Band ever; "The Song Remains the Same."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I found it really interesting that Dave O'Brien and Doris Burke kept pushing the storyline about who ND had returning and next season's recruiting class, without saying a thing about the Huskies. They kept intimating that ND will have everyone back next season and has 3 HS all-american recruits that that fact alone would somehow change the perceived outcome of games. UConn returns 4 starters from a NC team that is 37-1 last season. 2 of those starters are All-Americans and a third should have been. They also bring in 3 of the top 15 HS Players in the nation, including the #1 player in the country as well as Natalie Butler, who was Big East Freshman of the Year. Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, and Courtney Ekmark will be sophomores with another year of experience. Saniya Chong. who improved markedly will be a junior. Even with the loss of the greatest 3-point shooter in WCBB History and the best Shot Blocker in program history, the Huskies should be okay, too. Napheesia Collier has been tremendous and might be the most impactful player in the class next season. KLS's talent is obvious and should translate well to the college game you can't coach her ability to shoot the ball, I question her durability, DJB reminds me of Morgan Tuck but a bit smaller. ND will be better for sure next season, but so will UConn. You can't predict what will happen because of the variables involved in a long tough season, but based on what I see now, in the words of the greatest Rock Band ever; "The Song Remains the Same."

I prefer another band's "same as it ever was".

tumblr_mdurkjwEPy1qdnng7o1_500.gif

Reaction Score

I think that announcers make comments like that in an obligatory way to somehow soften the blow of the loss- to find a silver lining for the faithful followers. I too like our incoming class (plus Natalie) far more than Notre Dame's.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And the fact is that Uconn does lose a great player and two time college AA as well as a finalist for the defensive player of the year while ND for the first time in a number of years does not lose AAs or anyone in fact. This was also a huge point last year with SC and SC went from a sweet sixteen exit to a FF berth this year. It is significant - they were not saying Uconn is going to drop off, just that a team starting a freshman and two sophomores and two juniors is going to be intact and a year older and wiser, while adding some new raw material in highly touted recruits.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
O'Brien said UConn brings back a lot. He didn't mention the incoming class, but then the entire subject wasn't broached very long.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I think they were trying to throw them a "Bone" (No pun intended). A consolation prize for losing again.

Reaction Score
Gonna be a bunch of really good teams next year returning. Baylor, Maryland and Ohio State to name three others.

Reaction Score
hyping up the losing team (re: the great season it was, looking forward to next year) and ginning up the coaching rivalry, saying they have "had our number" .... none of it upsets me... I just see it as part of what maximizes their television ratings...present and future.

Reaction Score
Gonna be a bunch of really good teams next year returning. Baylor, Maryland and Ohio State to name three others.

Also NIT winner UCLA, U. of WA and, if I'm correct, doesn't FL State only lose one bench player? Next year should be a FUN year in women's basketball.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think they were trying to throw them a "Bone" (No pun intended). A consolation prize for losing again.
U r exactly right- softening the blow and looking for future positives!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Well ND just got hammered. Loyd is leaving. Has declared for the WNBA draft.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think they may have been telling the audience that there may be more competition in WCBB next year. But they forgot to mention that our class next year includes Maya Moore and Elena Delle Donne. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom