Coming from a family of Division I linemen, redshirt freshman Christian Haynes ready to make his mark with UConn Football team (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Coming from a family of Division I linemen, redshirt freshman Christian Haynes ready to make his mark with UConn Football team (Fuller)

Reaction Score
Holding the line: UConn freshman guard Christian Haynes set to bring toughness, grit to offense

>>“He is able to contribute with his footwork, his intelligence and he knows the game extremely well,” Leone said. “The brute strength, what he has done this past spring and summer has been phenomenal.

“Christian is a big-time enforcer on the team, you will see him making some plays on the team.. You will see him as a pulling guard, he is definitely not afraid to get dirty in there and you will see him making a lot of pancake [blocks].”

UConn Randy Edsall has mentioned that defensive linemen aren’t exactly volunteering to go head to head with Haynes and that the 6-foot-4, 304-pound redshirt freshman has a toughness and mean streak in his play that is similar to some of the linemen on Edsall’s teams during his first stint with the Huskies.

“I like his toughness, his ability to pick things up,” Edsall said. “He’s got the attitude that you really want to have there with the people up front.”<<

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Love it or hate it, that's Edsall's preferred style of offense. The nice thing about it is if you can do it against most of your opponents, it makes your passing attack more effective. When they think you're going to do nothing but run, the occasional pass comes as a big surprise. It will typically work.

Reaction Score
Would love to see a smashmouth ground game again.
Agree with you here but have to add I simply love the fact positive things are being said about our O line.
It's been awhile... Now if we can get back to what used to be said about our D, the picture changes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom