Comedy and Grit | The Boneyard

Comedy and Grit

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
UCONN does both so well. vs. a top 10 team here they are down 8 with the ball and 23 ticks on the clock.

If we played less comically we'd be tied!

Reaction Score
Our execution the last two minutes has been utterly horrific... They've played hard and all. But why is it that we cannot complete a pass, get a shot, or avoid turning the ball over on every single play down the stretch? We weren't going to win, but for the love of God execute something...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Our execution the last two minutes has been utterly horrific... They've played hard and all. But why is it that we cannot complete a pass, get a shot, or avoid turning the ball over on every single play down the stretch? We weren't going to win, but for the love of God execute something...

We don't have a PG on the floor.

And don't say Tarin Smith. He's an A-10 6th man.

Reaction Score
I agree. A lot of lazy passes. I think a lack of depth contributed to some of the problems.

Reaction Score
The one discernible pattern I don’t know how they get out of is the 10 minutes of complete breakdown that comes either out of the shoot or in the open of the second half. The other is the last 1-2 minutes of game they seem to be unable to keep it together and execute. Some this is a lack of horsepower, but a lot is psychology. They know they can play tough, but they still don’t know how to win again formidable competition. Nonetheless, the competitive character and mettle of the team has changed significantly for the better. Good things will come.

Reaction Score
The one discernible pattern I don’t know how they get out of is the 10 minutes of complete breakdown that comes either out of the shoot or in the open of the second half. The other is the last 1-2 minutes of game they seem to be unable to keep it together and execute. Some this is a lack of horsepower, but a lot is psychology. They know they can play tough, but they still don’t know how to win again formidable competition. Nonetheless, the competitive character and mettle of the team has changed significantly for the better. Good things will come.
Last few years we were on Ollie for slow starts. This year we can’t get out of the tunnel at halftime.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Josh tonight...those missed bunnies killed us. The late first half misses kept us from taking a lead a few times. Could have gone into the locker room up.

And another aggravating thing with him. He seemed stuck in 2nd gear tonight. When he would lose the ball in the paint he never made any move to go get the ball. He kind of lumbered forward watching others scramble after the ball he lost.

Headslapper.

Reaction Score
I agree. A lot of lazy passes. I think a lack of depth contributed to some of the problems.
That one softball pass CV lobbed up when under a minute was comedic for sure.

Reaction Score
The inbounds pass lob to Sidney to almost half court was awful. Need better in bounds plays still, but also Sidney needed to stop and go get that pass the Houston defender would’ve ran into him for a foul, was a big possession still.

Reaction Score
The inbounds pass lob to Sidney to almost half court was awful. Need better in bounds plays still, but also Sidney needed to stop and go get that pass the Houston defender would’ve ran into him for a foul, was a big possession still.

Dan brought that play with him from Rhody...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s not. JC won a natty in 03-04 shooting 62% from the line. He won in 10-11 shooting 76%. Doubt his “culture” changed that drastically
Kemba Walker shooting FTs instead of Taliek Brown will do that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can’t blame the free throws on lack of talent. Making free throws is without a doubt a culture thing
Ya think? An effort thing maybe, a practice thing probably, but a culture thing?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That one aside, I was thinking during the game that our OB plays were better this year. Get guys who can execute every time and we'll be sweet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom