Comedian Larry David was none too happy with UConn coach Dan Hurley’s second half-tactics | The Boneyard

Comedian Larry David was none too happy with UConn coach Dan Hurley’s second half-tactics

Reaction Score
“I’m the Larry David of college coaching with my antics and idiosyncrasies,” he said, laughing. “So I’m disappointed. … No, ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm,’ that’s a good show.”

Too bad he can't make one more season and have Hurley as a guest star.

Reaction Score
“I’m the Larry David of college coaching with my antics and idiosyncrasies,” he said, laughing. “So I’m disappointed. … No, ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm,’ that’s a good show.”

Too bad he can't make one more season and have Hurley as a guest star.
I love Curb but it is definitely on the downswing and time to end the series. Some of my favorite episodes include "Palestinian Chicken" and "Rat dog" and Curb's treatment of Bill Buckner.

Reaction Score
Maybe a hot take but it’s more disrespectful to Brad Underwood than it is to Dan Hurley for him to scream at Hurley to let up with 10 minutes left in the game
Guys like him, while humorous, have a strong “smartest guy in the room” complex, and need to tear people down. Odd, they are in some ways really negative but somehow make you laugh. Don’t know how, but seems to work.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From what I read this morning, it appears he was there as a guest and while maybe a fan of the sport, was not a fan of either team, and was annoyed that it turned into such a blowout.

Reaction Score
I love Curb but it is definitely on the downswing and time to end the series. Some of my favorite episodes include "Palestinian Chicken" and "Rat dog" and Curb's treatment of Bill Buckner.
Totally agree, Curb has been on the downswing for a few seasons but I thought season 10 was pretty solid & season 11 was ok....but this final season 12 is not very good so far. Have been a few funny storylines (Lori Loughlin episode) but it seems like Larry is emptying his "joke" briefcase on his way out. Curb is an all-time classic overall though imo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Being one of, probably a few, who has never seen Curb, I really don't get this character. Is it this generations "Seinfeld"?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Being one of, probably a few, who has never seen Curb, I really don't get this character. Is it this generations "Seinfeld"?
Pretty sure he was a producer on Seinfeld... I remember him from the old ABC SNL clone Fridays.

Reaction Score
Before reading the article I figured no way Larry was actually mad but he actually might have been

Reaction Score
Guys like him, while humorous, have a strong “smartest guy in the room” complex, and need to tear people down. Odd, they are in some ways really negative but somehow make you laugh. Don’t know how, but seems to work.
That's just his shtick, he's a self-proclaimed PITA. I'm sure he figured Danny could take it.

As far as his humor goes, what makes it great is that he tip-toes the line of PC. Its hard to pull comedy off in this day in age.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Big fan of Larry, no big deal - I can envision him yelling stuff at Hurley. Its his style.

Edited: could have even filmed a segment for Curb during that.... would fit right it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom