Comcast sucks! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Comcast sucks!

Reaction Score
They just dumped SNY from their sports packaging. Time to find a new provider.

I think there may be some confusion. First, I still have SNY in Naugatuck. I called Comcast to find out how whether SNY had been dropped by Comcast or whether I would have to pay more for it as no longer in a standard Comcast channel package. I was told that SNY - not Comcast - had dropped Comcast in parts of Ct. and that SNY did not drop coverage in this area of Ct.

Reaction Score
I think there may be some confusion. First, I still have SNY in Naugatuck. I called Comcast to find out how whether SNY had been dropped by Comcast or whether I would have to pay more for it as no longer in a standard Comcast channel package. I was told that SNY - not Comcast - had dropped Comcast in parts of Ct. and that SNY did not drop coverage in this area of Ct.
If it truly was SNY dropping Comcast, then UCONN should be made aware of that.

Reaction Score
I live in Florida and had SNY up until 2 days ago. Comment on the T.V. screen is "this regional sports channel is no longer included in our channel offering." So, cannot watch the women play--very unhappy!!!

Reaction Score
I live in Florida and had SNY up until 2 days ago. Comment on the T.V. screen is "this regional sports channel is no longer included in our channel offering." So, cannot watch the women play--very unhappy!!!
Same deal hear in Naples, I called and got a "sorry" but it's no longer being carried

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
How about using Roku or Roku+?
I have Charter Spectrum and Roku and NBC Sports posted message informing me that the game was not available in my area. Guess you have to have access to SNY and I do not have that option. Watched on ESPN3 and it was fine until 4th quarter, when I had to reload due to freezing up.

Reaction Score
I have Charter Spectrum and Roku and NBC Sports posted message informing me that the game was not available in my area. Guess you have to have access to SNY and I do not have that option. Watched on ESPN3 and it was fine until 4th quarter, when I had to reload due to freezing up.
Dropped in Vero Beach also

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It appears that Comcast is not delivering the level of service many of you want, expect or are paying for. Most of you are on the eastern seaboard.
I'm in Northern California. I have DIRECTV. I get ALL of the games live. I also get evey pre and post game show as well as Geno's show and all things UConn basketball. I have access to SNY. The quality of the picture I get on my BIG screen 4X TV is almost like being in the arena.

Most of you folks are on the east coast, and much closer to Connecticut that I am, yet you're having difficulty in getting access to the games. THAT SUCKS!!!
One cure to this problem is simply to get DIRECTV. I'm a huge UConn women's BB fan. They are the only WCBB team I follow closely. So much so that I would do whatever I had to - to be able to watch their games live, complete and uninterrupted.

Maybe it's time to ditch your old cable company and get with a company that will cater to, and satisfy ALL of your sports viewing needs. If I can get UConn games 3,000 miles away, you folks on the east coast should be able to also. There's something wrong with THAT picture. :) Pick up the phone and make the call.

DISCLAIMER - I am NOT an employee of, or connected with DirecTV in any way. I'm just trying to offer a viable solution to my fellow Boneyarders in their time of need. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Waiting for response on my request with Comcast (actually have a ticket #), but I think by this time next week it will be goodbye Comcast bundle, hello Directv and Metronet

You won't be sorry. I've had DirecTV for over 10 years, and I'm happy as a clam. I have "whole house" TV which is fantastic. You can watch any recorded program on any TV in the house. You can record up to 5 programs at once with an HD-DVR. Check it out.

Reaction Score
You won't be sorry. I've had DirecTV for over 10 years, and I'm happy as a clam. I have "whole house" TV which is fantastic. You can watch any recorded program on any TV in the house. You can record up to 5 programs at once with an HD-DVR. Check it out.
Thanks for the info. I had Directv for about 15+ years, but gave it up a few years ago because the packages they offered just weren’t that good.

Reaction Score
Springfield, Taxachusetts. Comcast still has SNY here. But the games look better on ESPN3, where the picture is full screen. Vertical looks slightly shrunk on SNY.

Reaction Score
Not 100% sure but the thing with NBC Sports and SNY....I believe one must have a provider (Comcast and the sorts) and capable of receiving SNY standalone channel in order to be able to get SNY on NBC Sports. If someone out there knows differently, please indulge. The only reason I signed up for Comcast cable for the basketball season.

Just a follow up. As of this morning (4-29-2018) received an email from YouTube TV (signed up last month). They have added SNY to their channel lineup at no additional cost. I'm in CT, not sure if this is part of their "regional" sports channels or whether all parts of the country will be able to get SNY.

For me this is a great thing. Cancelled Comcast at end of last basketball season and signed up with Sling TV only to go back to Comcast for this past seasons basketball season. Now that SNY is part of YouTube TV with all the ESPN channels I do not have to have Comcast in order to get SNY.

Reaction Score
If it has to happen, the timing is great. We are about to move and were thinking about changing out Xfinity for something else. As much as I hate the satellite companies, and I do, their offerings can be pretty attractive from a financial point of view. Now at least we know what Comcast's plans are and can judge accordingly.

Reaction Score
No, that is great. Then ESPN 3 will be available and no longer blacked out in your area.

that is exactly correct! Now you are with us Left Coasters!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom