Columnist: Temple to BEast a desperate move | The Boneyard

Columnist: Temple to BEast a desperate move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He says it's ironic that we would consider Temple. How is it ironic? The only program left that voted on Temple is WVU. And I seriously doubt that WVU cared one way or the other about Temple. Temple was voted out by Miami's coalition. I'm sure WVU went along, but the football schools in the current iteration of the BE have a lot more in common with Temple than all the defectors did.

Reaction Score
Uh, he also forgets that "desperate moves" are pretty much the only moves the BE has left.

Reaction Score
With that headline, the body of the article could be written in one word "duh"!

Reaction Score
With that headline, the body of the article could be written in one word "duh"!
I was thinking the same thing. I tried respond, "and your point is?" but I had to sign up, which I didn't feel like doing.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The only way Temple comes back is if the top tier teams have better offers and threw up their hands and said "Joe's Truck Driving Schoool is a great option! Let's run with that!"

Reaction Score
Bleacher report writers are NOT columnists. doesn't even deserve to be posted tbh.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Twitter nuts are alive. Both meetings are over.

An Oklahoma guy reports WVU, LU and Cincy to the B12 and Missouri Stays

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Reaction Score
In cAse you missed it, Toledo just beat Temple. Something like 32 to 15 and it wasn't really that close. So yes - inviting Temple at this stage of their program development does seem rather desperate. Perhaps that's the best we can do. IMO, UCF is a much netter choice.

Reaction Score
first off, Toledo's pretty good this year. they lost to Ohio State by 5 and were screwed out of a win by the refs at Cuse, and their other loss was to Boise State. secondly, i think we can all agree that picking our expansion candidates by the score of last week's games is about as idiotic a proposal as there is. the truth is we probably need both Temple and UCF. since the next two years are pretty much positioning for our next media contract, i think Philly would win out over Orlando, but they're both probably attractive enough that we could add them. of course they're desperate moves, otherwise we'd have done it 5 years ago, but news flash:we're desperate.

as an aside, what was the reason that Temple was a football only member previously? did they just prefer the A10 for other sports, or would Nova not allow them in for other sports? either way if there's going to be a split with the bball schools it'll be important to stay in Philly. an "eastern" conference needs to have NY and Philly.

Reaction Score
It would not be a horrible thing for a EASTERN conference to add both Temple and NOVA. Why the hell not at this point? At least both are within reasonable driving distance to us. Also, by adding Temple, they might work out something to allow both Temple and NOVA to share the Eagles stadium. It might even create some local interest with NOVA/Temple rivalry game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom