Colson to ND | The Boneyard

Colson to ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“@TheRecruitScoop: 2014 St. Andrews (RI) PF Bonzie Colson has committed to Notre Dame.”

Reaction Score
I hope we don't regret this recruitment ala Gomes....in other words I hope we did not f c k up....

Reaction Score
Well, I'm fairly certain Bonzie will be a great college player, but Lubin is good too. I think one can simply look back at last year's rankings and feel great about Rakim coming here. He can play and he is a physical freak. Nonetheless, having Colson would have been great too. You can't have them all though.

Let's get Cassell and then see if we can pick up a surprise commitment from someone awesome, like Robinson.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Wanted bonzie but I'll take the bigger body of Lubin to bang down low.

Reaction Score
I hope we don't regret this recruitment ala Gomes....in other words I hope we did not f c k up....

We don't regret Gomes at all. Butler was a better player in that class, and we won a national title Gomes' senior year (while he bowed out in first round to Pacific). We probably would have been better in 2003 with Gomes (after Butler left), but that was an important development year for Ben and Emeka, which paid dividends.

Gomes is in the Vin Baker category - maybe it is too bad they weren't such late bloomers so we could have gone after them, but it worked out just fine for us anyway.

If it weren't for that press conference, Gomes wouldn't be thought of as one we missed out on.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We were never going to get him anyways.

Reaction Score

It's not like UConn didnt recruit Bonzie. He chose to go somewhere else. Maybe he wasnt a top priority but lets be realistic about his abilities so far. Bottom line is that he could have come to UConn but is going somewhere else. Destiny works in funny ways. I guess Lubin was meant to be in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I thought UConn was his dream school?
We may not have been his one dream school but we were definitely one of his favorites.

Reaction Score
I like the kid and hope he does real well for himself........a 6'5" (at best mind you!) kid playing PF at ND is already impressive now if he has a nice career, good for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom