Colorado | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Colorado

Reaction Score
Colorado has failed to make adjustments for a very weak offensive line. There are limits to what you can do in that situation. But the fact that Shedeur keeps getting clobbered and his dad keeps throwing him back in when he's hurt tells me there's some stubbornness and ego which are getting in the way of common sense. Their backups seemed totally unprepared for what should have been a foreseeable circumstance but obviously not. I think Prime has his hands all over the offense and the other Coaches are deferring to his unrealistic expectations.
And Deion's answer is to say he needs new lineman from the portal. He's got no interest in developing players. It seems he wants to flip the roster every year. Not a formula for building a program. I think when his son is done, he'll be done.

Reaction Score
And Deion's answer is to say he needs new lineman from the portal. He's got no interest in developing players. It seems he wants to flip the roster every year. Not a formula for building a program. I think when his son is done, he'll be done.
But is that true? Is getting a ton of players from portal detrimental to a program?

Reaction Score
But is that true? Is getting a ton of players from portal detrimental to a program?
How'd it work out for him this year? He booted tons of players from last year's team and replaced them with "his guys". It's gonna happen again this off-season too.

Reaction Score
How'd it work out for him this year? He booted tons of players from last year's team and replaced them with "his guys". It's gonna happen again this off-season too.
What was Colorado’s record the year before?

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Deion seems to be focusing on his own ego and not building the team. He's in ads everywhere, which takes time away from the football team. He's building up himself, not Colorado's football players.

Reaction Score
Deion has to prove he can actually coach. We know he can recruit. He won at J State because his fame, personality and gene pool were able to attract a caliber of talent that just doesn't go to HBCUs any more (e.g. Travis Hunter, Shedeur Sanders, etc.). They just overwhelmed most of the competition, yet he lost the Celebration Bowl both years he coached in it. At Colorado he also generated excitement and energy but when things got tough his team crumbled. Can he actually build a roster systematically and coach a consistent winner in a competitive conference? That's anyone's guess........

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Building a team almost entirely from the portal may occasionally yield good teams but those teams won't have the cohesiveness to compete with the better teams that top programs put together.

Additionally, this approach will make building an actual program nearly impossible.

Filling in a handful of glaring holes with transfers is one thing. Attempting to build an entire team in this manner is another.

Reaction Score
Building a team almost entirely from the portal may occasionally yield good teams but those teams won't have the cohesiveness to compete with the better teams that top programs put together.

Additionally, this approach will make building an actual program nearly impossible.

Filling in a handful of glaring holes with transfers is one thing. Attempting to build an entire team in this manner is another.
Michigan State had a big one year turn around with a big portal class a few years ago, only to see the success crumble. Florida State has basically built their current year team by the portal, and along with a 6th year QB has had a big season. I will be curious to see what happens to them moving forward, because their roster looks to be severely weakened next season.

To me, the number one thing that can be gained from the portal is finding a really good QB. It's hard to evaluate these kids out of high school, but it is a lot easier when you can watch a kid who has played for a few years at a program that maybe isn't as "prestigious", etc.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
From 1-11 to 4-8...wow, what a successful first season considering he brought his wonderful luggage. That Iowa State had a better season with a slighttly harder strength of schedule, hahaha.

I read one article that stated if Sanders loves his son, he'll let him go play somewhere else before he gets hurt staying at Colorado.

Reaction Score

If it was easy, everyone would have a winning record. We certainly would have settled for 4-8 last year, especially if UConn got to 6 wins this year. I'm not gonna be too dismissive of 4-8 his first season. If they get to bowl eligibility next year, that will be a job well done. A sophomore slump like what happened to UConn this year won't be well received.

Reaction Score
From 1-11 to 4-8...wow, what a successful first season considering he brought his wonderful luggage. That Iowa State had a better season with a slighttly harder strength of schedule, hahaha.

I read one article that stated if Sanders loves his son, he'll let him go play somewhere else before he gets hurt staying at Colorado.
Is Shedeur playing another year in college? I have seen him as high at number 5 for QBs in the 2024 NFL projections.

Reaction Score
If it was easy, everyone would have a winning record. We certainly would have settled for 4-8 last year, especially if UConn got to 6 wins this year. I'm not gonna be too dismissive of 4-8 his first season. If they get to bowl eligibility next year, that will be a job well done. A sophomore slump like what happened to UConn this year won't be well received.

You really should follow the news better. They lost the last 8 of 9.

Sanders benched his play caller Offensive Coordinator for Pat freaking Schermer who was worse.

Shedeur sat out the last game because of “injuries”.

A Five Star QB just decommitted today.

So many other issues. They are on the precipice of some pretty embarrassing stuff.

Reaction Score
You really should follow the news better. They lost the last 8 of 9.

Sanders benched his play caller Offensive Coordinator for Pat freaking Schermer who was worse.

Shedeur sat out the last game because of “injuries”.

A Five Star QB just decommitted today.

So many other issues. They are on the precipice of some pretty embarrassing stuff.
4-8 is 4-8. The drama is assumed as part of the price you pay for Prime. He is within striking distance of a bowl next year. Mission accomplished. And I do not like him any more than you.

Reaction Score
4-8 is 4-8. The drama is assumed as part of the price you pay for Prime. He is within striking distance of a bowl next year. Mission accomplished. And I do not like him any more than you.

4-8 is really bad. Only really bad teams in Power 5 conferences don’t go to bowls.

Reaction Score
4-8 is really bad. Only really bad teams in Power 5 conferences don’t go to bowls.
Consider where they came from in addition to the fact that the PAC12 was really strong this year.

Reaction Score
Consider where they came from in addition to the fact that the PAC12 was really strong this year.

That doesn’t change anything. Only awful teams don’t make bowls in P5 conferences. And Colorado crumbled down the stretch.

Reaction Score
4 - 8 coming off of last season and major roster turnover is a very good season. Years 3 and 4 will be huge for CU.

Reaction Score
So your opinion is the pendulum is still swinging positive for the Buffs? I have a suspicion we've seen the best there is from Coach Prime.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Coach Prime said he was keeping the receipts. Buffs were last last year and last this year. I doubt he lasts as long as Herm Edwards did.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom