Colorado Job | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Colorado Job

Reaction Score
Their UCLA/UCS thread is 6,300 posts! Colorado is a risky job too. Will it be in the PAC 12, the Big 12, the MW, or the PAC 12/MW 2.0. I was wondering how things would have shaken out if the UCLA/USC move happened before Cincy/Houston/BYU/UCF were invited to the Big 12. In that scenario the Corner 4 may already be in the Big 12.

Reaction Score
As UConn continues its rebirth under HCJM I wouldn’t discount any rumor about any potential job. As for Colorado, one factor to consider is that Mora‘s youngest son Trey is a freshman at Boulder. My grandson is the President of SAE fraternity there and Trey is a new member. Now couple that with the lifestyle desires of Jim’s new wife—and who knows. Lashlee’s wife wasn’t enamored with New England living. Perhaps Mora’s isn’t fond of ghosts. This will be a fingers crossed era for all Husky fans.
And, Mora lived in Boulder from age 7 to 12 as his father was an assistant coach at Colorado. He is a west coast guy with lots of recruiting contacts in California and his wife is from California. Boulder is a great city and it's close to great skiing and less than 2 hour flight to Sun Valley. Out of all the potential jobs out there, I would worry about this one. All that said, I think Mora has shown that you can win at UConn and he has shown the powers to be what the model should be for running the football program at UConn. I'm just happy that we currently have a coach that other schools could potentially want and I am focused on the present. Beat Liberty!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
As UConn continues its rebirth under HCJM I wouldn’t discount any rumor about any potential job. As for Colorado, one factor to consider is that Mora‘s youngest son Trey is a freshman at Boulder. My grandson is the President of SAE fraternity there and Trey is a new member. Now couple that with the lifestyle desires of Jim’s new wife—and who knows. Lashlee’s wife wasn’t enamored with New England living. Perhaps Mora’s isn’t fond of ghosts. This will be a fingers crossed era for all Husky fans.
That can work both ways...as a kid who just left home for college...do you want your Dad moving to your college? And....a famous Dad at that? I guess some kids would be good with that...I would be disappointed that my first time away from home just changed....and any chance of anonymity is gone.

And what happens after a few tough losses....does his son get crap from fans?

So...I think this could work either way.

Reaction Score
And, Mora lived in Boulder from age 7 to 12 as his father was an assistant coach at Colorado. He is a west coast guy with lots of recruiting contacts in California and his wife is from California. Boulder is a great city and it's close to great skiing and less than 2 hour flight to Sun Valley. Out of all the potential jobs out there, I would worry about this one. All that said, I think Mora has shown that you can win at UConn and he has shown the powers to be what the model should be for running the football program at UConn. I'm just happy that we currently have a coach that other schools could potentially want and I am focused on the present. Beat Liberty!

I think he's too far down the line to be seriously considered for CU. He hasn't even officially been tied to them in any way.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Split Zone Duo discussed the Colorado job at length and made no mention of Mora. It sounded like Herman is their front-runner, and that they've conducted in person interviews this week. As for Arizona State, they've retained their AD who has been a disaster, so it's not a very desirable job. Stanford is the only remaining job that could open up and would probably elicit some interest, but Stanford may be one of the more challenging P5 jobs at this juncture--impossible to get portal guys there, admissions standards, no NIL
Why no transfers or NIL?

Reaction Score
Why no transfers or NIL?
Higher academic standards. For those who haven't transfered or knew somebody who transferred you can lose a lot of academic credits. If APR is still a thing in the mass transfer age that will also be an impact

Reaction Score
I think he's too far down the line to be seriously considered for CU. He hasn't even officially been tied to them in any way.
I was just saying if there was interest from Colorado, I think he would think hard about it. Also, if Colorado was going to hire Bronco Mendenhall or Tom Herman, why haven't they done it yet as they are available and it would give them a head start on the job like Mora had last year. Thus, I think Colorado probably wants to talk to a sitting head coach.

Reaction Score
On Mora, I love Boulder, my kid wants to go to school there while visting and got family in superior. Is that job, with no UCLA and USC in unstable Pac-12 really a place for Mora to make a name?

I don't know. Recruiting territory isn't great, and Washington and ORegon could be headed to Big 10. I just think Boulder has some issues with athletics going forward.

Incredible place though and a terrific school. But, he can affect more change at UConn.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
On Mora, I love Boulder, my kid wants to go to school there while visting and got family in superior. Is that job, with no UCLA and USC in unstable Pac-12 really a place for Mora to make a name?

I don't know. Recruiting territory isn't great, and Washington and ORegon could be headed to Big 10. I just think Boulder has some issues with athletics going forward.

Incredible place though and a terrific school. But, he can affect more change at UConn.
I would think for Mora to leave this job it would be bigger than Colorado. Like....his alma mater Washington...or USC...or maybe Oregon.

You are right... Colorado is a great school and campus. Beautiful area of the country. But...he gets similar beauty in the off season where he lives.

Let's just pay him and his assistants more so we don't have to worry about this...lol.

Reaction Score
I would think for Mora to leave this job it would be bigger than Colorado. Like....his alma mater Washington...or USC...or maybe Oregon.

You are right... Colorado is a great school and campus. Beautiful area of the country. But...he gets similar beauty in the off season where he lives.

Let's just pay him and his assistants more so we don't have to worry about this...lol.
Yes. Jim doesn’t get more. But assistants need raises to stay competitive. Charlton should get a game to game raise depending if I, personally, like the play calling .

Reaction Score
We have to hope Mora is at a stage in life and career where he wants to have a meaningful impact as he closes out his career. Otherwise, he'll eventually leave for a bigger name. I don't begrudge him that, but I think it's the reality.

As for the PAC, I think they are in for a world of change and a lot of it is going to be very painful. The SEC and BiG are playing for keeps and the world of college football and college athletics more generally hasn't seen anything yet when it comes to big-time changes. UCONN, if nothing else, is a bit more settled.

Reaction Score
FWIW, there was no ties to UConn last year either, came completely out of nowhere. That being said I don’t think he leaves for that school though.

Reaction Score
FWIW, there was no ties to UConn last year either, came completely out of nowhere. That being said I don’t think he leaves for that school though.
Except for Spanos and Mazzone...

Reaction Score
I think I may end up being naive because there have been so many examples of coaches bolting….but after everything we have seen and heard publicly I would be shocked if he left anytime soon.

Reaction Score
Yes. Jim doesn’t get more. But assistants need raises to stay competitive. Charlton should get a game to game raise depending if I, personally, like the play calling .
LOL. I am confident you are kidding. There are many regular posters who, if they said that, I would take it literally.

Reaction Score
Except for Spanos and Mazzone...
I don’t believe the quote I was replying to insinuated ties within the team but ties within the opening via the media. His hiring came as an unexpected surprise to basically every fan AND the media.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe the quote I was replying to insinuated ties within the team but ties within the opening via the media. His hiring came as an unexpected surprise to basically every fan AND the media.
Gotcha. Makes more sense.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He wanted this job and I think he stays as Colorado isn't the job it use to be in the 80's-early 2000's

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom