Collier wins WNBA ROY Award! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Collier wins WNBA ROY Award!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
A good/great player does not have to trash talk.

Absolutely correct! Gary Peyton renown player and trash talker said he basically gave up trash talking John Stockton because Stockton never reacted and trash talking had no negative effect on Sockton's game,

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Though an occasional spate can break out ... Husky vs. Lynx: I think they both end the fight looking, shall we say, battle tested.

Excellent must see video. Thanks.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Absolutely correct! Gary Peyton renown player and trash talker said he basically gave up trash talking John Stockton because Stockton never reacted and trash talking had no negative effect on Sockton's game,

You could add Kawai Leonard to that list. Can you imagine trying to trash talk him? A player who seldom shows any emotion, whose facial expression never changes, and a guy that is always aggressive on offense.

Try to talk trash to him, and he’s going to try and shove it up your a......... :eek:

Carnac

Reaction Score

Her parents raised her well. Geno and Chris Daley trained her well. An unbeatable combination.

The Las Vegas Aces had the first pick in this year’s WNBA draft. They selected Jackie Young (Notre Dame), who had a forgettable year, and only played 4 minutes in Sunday’s playoff win against the Sky.

I wonder if Aces head coach and general manager Bill Laimbeer had it to do over again, if he would take Collier instead? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Her parents raised her well. Geno and Chris Daley trained her well. An unbeatable combination.

The Las Vegas Aces had the first pick in this year’s WNBA draft. They selected Jackie Young (Notre Dame), who had a forgettable year, and only played 4 minutes in Sunday’s playoff win against the Sky.

I wonder if Aces head coach and general manager Bill Laimbeer had it to do over again, if he would have taken Collier instead? :rolleyes:

So much good fortune. Being picked by coach Reeve who understood the UConn player better than any coach in the WNBA and knew how to work her into the pros and having Simeone who clearly is the ultimate mentor. So many ingredients working together to produce an award winning player who just finished up her worst season in the pro's.

I hope she picks a good international experience that keeps her on the right track.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have to wonder - did Muffet offer any sort of congratulations to Pheesa? :p

Nah but because she was so sure Arike was the real ROY, forwarded a 5K check.
:p:p

Carnac

Reaction Score
So much good fortune. Being picked by coach Reeve who understood the UConn player better than any coach in the WNBA and knew how to work her into the pros and having Simeone who clearly is the ultimate mentor. So many ingredients working together to produce an award winning player who just finished up her worst season in the pro's.

I hope she picks a good international experience that keeps her on the right track.

Watching the video shows us how much Cheryl Reeve thinks of Collier. She’s very effusive in her praise, and mentions how happy and surprised she was that Pheesa fell to them at number 6.

I think it’s fair to say that Collier had an extraordinary rookie season, and a better year than anyone picked before her. Ogunbowale came the closest.

It’s possible that Collier may be of those players that remain with one team their entire career. It certainly appears that she’ll be in Minnesota as long as Reeve is there.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Watching the video shows us how much Cherly Reeve thinks of Collier. She mentions how happy and surprised that Pheesa fell to them at number 6.

I think it’s fair to say that Collier had an extraordinary rookie season, and a better year than anyone picked before her. Ogunbowale came the closest.

It’s possible that Collier May be of those players that remain with one team their entire career. It certainly appears that she’ll be in Minnesota as long as Reeve is there.

Reeves interview is very interesting. By the way, imho, the Press Corps of the Lynx is alot better than ours. :(

She was asked about the interesting mix of humility and confidence and Reeve said such a mixture could only happen if the parents give them a really good upbring.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Reeves interview is very interesting. By the way, imho, the Press Corps of the Lynx is alot better than ours. :(

She was asked about the interesting mix of humility and confidence and Reeve said such a mixture could only happen if the parents give them a really good upbring.

You perceived that video the same exact way that I did! ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Watching the video shows us how much Cheryl Reeve thinks of Collier. She’s very effusive in her praise, and mentions how happy and surprised she was that Pheesa fell to them at number 6.

It’s possible that Collier may be of those players that remain with one team their entire career. It certainly appears that she’ll be in Minnesota as long as Reeve is there.

Also in Reeve's interview, they mention how Pheesa has raised the bar for the 6th pick and the Lynx again pick at #6 so it will not be easy to get so lucky again.

Reaction Score

UConn's press corps to this day still refers to her as Napheesha.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I wonder if Aces head coach and general manager Bill Laimbeer had it to do over again, if he would take Collier instead? :rolleyes:

Lamebeer is as dumb as he looks.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow her affection and respect for Pheesa is so obvious and so sincere.

Yes, it has progressed over the year and is in full bloom now. She said there that the Lynx thought she was the real #1 and could not believe it when their 6 pick allowed them to pick her up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, it has progressed over the year and is in full bloom now. She said there that the Lynx thought she was the real #1 and could not believe it when their 6 pick allowed them to pick her up.
Augustus was the same. I loved her smile when she talks about how proud she was for her. It speaks well about Pheesa how much her peers like and respect her.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
You could add Kawai Leonard to that list. Can you imagine trying to trash talk him? A player who seldom shows any emotion, whose facial expression never changes, and a guy that is always aggressive on offense.

Try to talk trash to him, and he’s going to try and shove it up your a.... :eek:
Yeah, Leonard is real stone face.
Apparently John Stockton had a profound effect on Gary Payton. Payton chose George Gervin and John Stockton to welcome him into the Hall of Fame.

Reaction Score
The odd thing is ND fans think Collier won it just because Collier had a higher %FG than Ogunbowale. I assume the committees that vote on these awards are looking at other stats and contributions in other areas. The voting wasn't close, so apparently the ND crowd doesn't understand the purpose of the award or everyone else is just wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom