Collier in Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1802DDAD-D6C3-4695-AC12-0EFC9B01BC77.jpeg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Keep your friends close and your enemies (competition) closer. ;)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I know they’re teammates now, but this just feels... wrong.
Jess is one Notre Dame player that I just respect so much I couldn't dislike her. And she and Pheesa were roommates during one of the youth games. So I'm looking forward to seeing them play together.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
at least Pheesa got off the snide a bit in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
She shot over 40% from three a couple of years ago, dunno how that translates to had trouble shooting beyond 8 feet. She had trouble from three at the beginning of this year, but was pretty decent toward the end of the year. And her turnaround up to about 15-16 is deadly.
In first pre season game she was 1 for 3 inside the arc and 0 for 2 outside, made two free throws, for 4 points, grabbed 3 boards and made 2 steals cancelled by 2 turnovers in 23 minutes, minutes in top five. Lynx won easily but Delle Donne didn't play. I love her as a player. I worry that her skill set won't be used properly.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
In first pre season game she was 1 for 3 inside the arc and 0 for 2 outside, made two free throws, for 4 points, grabbed 3 boards and made 2 steals cancelled by 2 turnovers in 23 minutes, minutes in top five. Lynx won easily but Delle Donne didn't play. I love her as a player. I worry that her skill set won't be used properly.

I share your concerns, but it was six days into training camp.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Reeves is as smart as they come. They will work it out. I am more concerned with the Chicago Sky usage but time will tell.

Reaction Score
Agreed. It's early. There is just too much talent there for her not to succeed. More so than most rookies her pro coaches will be rewarded by figuring how to adapt her college game to pro game.

Reaction Score
Reeves is as smart as they come. They will work it out. I am more concerned with the Chicago Sky usage but time will tell.
He drafted Lou to space the floor, stretch the defense, and shoot the three. It was only in training camp that he increased her role. Lou is all about stepping up and improving her game. We'll see.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Let's look at her and see where she is and how she has developed at the halfway mark (17 games) of the season. It's hard to draw any conclusions after only 1 game. She's being asked to play both the 3 and the 4, so she's trying to learn 2 positions, and she will improve and get better everyday.

Please understand that Napheesa Collier is "pure cream". You know what cream always does. She'll adjust her game to the WNBA just like she made adjustments going from high school to college. Just give her time. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's look at her and see where she is and how she has developed at the halfway mark (17 games) of the season. It's hard to draw any conclusions after only 1 game. She's being asked to play both the 3 and the 4, so she's trying to learn 2 positions.

Please understand that Napheesa Collier is "pure cream". You know what cream always does. She'll adjust her game to the WNBA just like she made adjustments going from high school to college. Just give her time. :cool:

She just has to adjust back to what she was doing in high school. That should be a lot easier than it would for a player who has been a post player her whole basketball career.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
She just has to adjust back to what she was doing in high school. That should be a lot easier than it would for a player who has been a post player her whole basketball career.
Yeah, she was listed as a guard/forward when she came to UConn. But I'll admit I just LOVE to watch her work close to the basket, both on offense and defense. Seeing that LOOONG arm pop out above the fray to get the rebound never gets old.

Reaction Score

Napheesa Collier Has Improved: The Lynx’s first preseason game against the Washington Mystics was a bit of a tough one for Collier. She demonstrated in Wednesday’s scrimmage that she’s working extremely hard to learn the Lynx’s system. She moved around the court very well, found her teammates in the right spots, fought for rebounds (she had two offensive rebounds for scores) and disrupted the game with her length and intelligent help on defense. The Lynx also want her to work on bringing the ball up after rebounds and she tried it a bit in this contest with good results. She’s going to be a good pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom