Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She’s finally here!
14CA4A16-2514-4A04-9FDF-B8A259B92828.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cheryl: "You probably know that Maya isn't here this year. Keep it simple. Just do what Maya did."

Phee: "Maya and I were born in the same city and both went to UConn. I got this, Coach."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Camp opens for all teams Sunday May 5. Preseason games begin a week from today on Thursday May 9.

Key dates for the WNBA

May 23: Final Roster Cut-down Date (12 players)
May 24: WNBA 2019 regular season tips off

Transactions through May 3 - Lou signed on April 26.

The Lynx begin the regular season by hosting the Chicago Sky Saturday May 25 8:00 pm est

Isn’t it ironic that these two best friends begin their professional careers by facing off against each other?

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Camp opens for all teams Sunday May 5. Preseason games begin Thursday May 9.
Key dates for the WNBA
May 23: Final Roster Cut-down Date (12 players)

and Asia Durr still has not signed with the Liberty. :eek:

Maybe she found out they play in Westchester. :eek:

Carnac

Reaction Score

I wonder if Lou and Napheesa would have preferred to go to a specific team. You choose which college you want to go to, but at the next level sometimes as an incoming rookie, you don’t have a choice. Incoming rookies have to roll with the punches and go where they're drafted. It was commented here that some players did not want to go to the Sun. Because they're free agents, they get to choose where they play overseas.

Because of dysfunctional WNBA team ownership or management (coaches), or maybe because of a team’s geographical location, or even still the direction a team may be trending (losing) recently, there are some teams you’d rather not play for.

All you can do is cross your fingers and hope you’re not drafted into basketball purgatory. As we know, all WNBA franchises are not the same. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me if Minnesota is exactly where Napheesa wanted to go. Playing time is definitely more plentiful with Maya's sabbatical, but I could see Pheesa soaking up Maya's (you name it: attitude, aura, work ethic, moves. . .) if Maya were there this year. And they should still be pretty good.

Carnac

Reaction Score
It wouldn't surprise me if Minnesota is exactly where Napheesa wanted to go. Playing time is definitely more plentiful with Maya's sabbatical, but I could see Pheesa soaking up Maya's (you name it: attitude, aura, work ethic, moves. . .) if Maya were there this year. And they should still be pretty good.

She’s only 532 miles from home. Not a bridge too far when her family wants to see her play. All they have to do is get there, they’ll never have to pay to get in.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Good thing she could have lived at home because that rookie salary wouldn’t do much for rent in LA. :rolleyes:

She no doubt would have shared an apartment with her sister Karlie. A lot of players that play for LA teams and don’t own a home here. They lease an apartment/condo in the Marina Del Rey area.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She no doubt would have shared an apartment with her sister Karlie. A lot of players that play for LA teams and don’t own a home here, lease an apartment in the Marina Del Rey area.
Marina...... Del Rey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger