Collier A Perfectionist? | The Boneyard

Collier A Perfectionist?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She's not happy with Saturday's performance! Lots of quotes from her. Geno validates something of what she's feeling.

"She's so hard to read. Pheesa is the same whether she's getting 30 points or getting three," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. "It's difficult to gauge where she is. But I just go by, 'What kind of shots is she getting? How are they coming?' She has about the same number of shots after 13 games that she had a year ago, but they just don't seem like she's in a rhythm, in a flow, as the game goes on."

And Lou chimed in too.

"There's frustration when you're not making shots that you know you can make," UConn All-American Katie Lou Samuelson said. "Last year we just got so accustomed to having Pheesa go 9-for-10, 10-for-11, making almost every shot every single night.

"But even when she's missing a couple, she still impacts every single game no matter what and she's going to have performances like this over and over."

All-American Napheesa Collier stays focused on target

Oh, and this, reacting to Molly's late 3s in the blow out:

"It's a delicate situation," Auriemma said. "At one point CD (associate head coach Chris Dailey) actually said what we always say, 'Let's work on our offense, we're up a bunch, but let's not embarrass anyone, obviously.' Some of those kids just got in the game. What are you going to tell them? Don't play? Don't shoot? Don't make any basketball plays? But the guys that came off the bench played pretty well and that's the second game in a row we've gotten good minutes from them."

Reaction Score
Geno should let Pheesa play solid 40 mins.
Then Pheesa can be ESPNW player of the week ....:p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Key statement:

"Through 13 games last year, her field-goal percentage and scoring were higher (64.4/19.2) were better. All her other numbers are equal or better this year."

Pheesa is recording assists much faster this season. Last year, she had 83 and was the only player in our top 6 not to log at least 114. This year, she has 42 and is on pace for 120 or so.

BTW, I think we had 5 players both last year and the prior year to record 100+ assists for the season. At our current pace, assuming 38 games, we should have 6 players with 100+ assists each. Pass tha ball!

Reaction Score
I know she isn't shooting 67% from the field. But from what I've seen, Phees is doing damn near everything you can ask for. She always seems to be in the top 3 each game in points, RBs, blocks. She runs the floor. She fills the lane. She catches damn near everything thrown in her direction. She plays solid D. She only has 2 TOs in the last 4 games. She's 3rd on the team in assists. 2nd in blocks. 2nd in steals. 2nd in RBs. 1st in FGM. 1st in total points.

Struggling? Frustrated? Seriously?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
images

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I know she isn't shooting 67% from the field. But from what I've seen, Phees is doing damn near everything you can ask for. She always seems to be in the top 3 each game in points, RBs, blocks. She runs the floor. She fills the lane. She catches damn near everything thrown in her direction. She plays solid D. She only has 2 TOs in the last 4 games. She's 3rd on the team in assists. 2nd in blocks. 2nd in steals. 2nd in RBs. 1st in FGM. 1st in total points.

Struggling? Frustrated? Seriously?

From Pheesa's perspective she is not happy with her performances so far this season. What's wrong with that?

The perspective of a fan and the perspective of the player are two completely different realities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom