College Sports Madness Top 44 | The Boneyard

College Sports Madness Top 44

12au

Baylor WBB
Reaction Score
44 seems low for the Canes, given some of the talent they acquired. But hard to know w/ a new coach coming in & high turnover.

Reaction Score
44 seems low for the Canes, given some of the talent they acquired. But hard to know w/ a new coach coming in & high turnover.
Fair, but the team also underperformed compared to expectations last season as well. Considering they didn't make the tournament, and the unknowns you've noted, ranking them 44 seems fair.

12au

Baylor WBB
Reaction Score
Fair, but the team also underperformed compared to expectations last season as well. Considering they didn't make the tournament, and the unknowns you've noted, ranking them 44 seems fair.
I honestly throw out last year. Different coach/high roster turnover makes it nearly irrelevant to me.

12au

Baylor WBB
Reaction Score
Full list

#42 Iowa
#41 Tennessee

Some blue bloods coming in much worse than I expected

Reaction Score
Are these just rankings and personnel? I thought there'd be some commentary.

Reaction Score
Miami, Tennessee, and Iowa all seem low to me. I am wondering if we are going to see a lot of surprise mid majors rated ahead of them.

There is a thread somewhere about Fairfield for example. I don’t think Fairfield is as good as Iowa.

Reaction Score
Miami, Tennessee, and Iowa all seem low to me. I am wondering if we are going to see a lot of surprise mid majors rated ahead of them.

There is a thread somewhere about Fairfield for example. I don’t think Fairfield is as good as Iowa.
Someone else noted that these rankings come without much detail as to why they're ranked where they are. Is this list even worth considering? If these are the first four teams, there's going to be a lot of head scratching going on at this rate.

12au

Baylor WBB
Reaction Score
In Creme's latest bracketology Virginia was an 8 (Implied seeding 29-32). Not sure where the optimism's coming from. 40 seems closer to reality.

Reaction Score
Someone else noted that these rankings come without much detail as to why they're ranked where they are. Is this list even worth considering? If these are the first four teams, there's going to be a lot of head scratching going on at this rate.
Nobody has ever won anything based on a September preview. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Reaction Score
I think Tennessee will finish a lot higher than that.
I agree. This is why I don't pay attention to these early preseason rankings/predictions. They are fun and great for conversation.

Reaction Score
Nobody has ever won anything based on a September preview. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I agree, however my point was more about context than anything else. Posting stats and rosters without it makes the effort of even making this list worthless to me.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I agree. This is why I don't pay attention to these early preseason rankings/predictions. They are fun and great for conversation.
Yes they don't mean much.

Reaction Score
Well, since there's a tournament, nobody wins anything based on any poll. So what's your point?

All of them are just for discussion and information.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Is that really true? Didn't I remember that one year Duke hoisted a banner saying they were #1 in the poll? Maybe because the tourney was cancelled? Don't rightly recall.

Reaction Score
Well at first glance...Clemson is a bit of a surprise. They have a new coach, lost a lot, have a lot of transfers - but yeah idk about that.

I can understand Miami and UVa where they are. Wouldn't be shocked if they were better, but Miami is dealing with a lot of turnover as well and a new coach. UVa came on strong late last year and they could be a team that surprises a little in the ACC this year.

As others have stated, it's all just for conversation. Last year this same publication had the Gamecocks 7th and they thoroughly dominated the entire season. They also had NC State 27th and behind 6 other ACC schools. In the age of transfers, no one knows anything until the season gets going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom