College Football's lost season | The Boneyard

College Football's lost season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's 2011 for you. It started with Tressel then Miami. Then the landscape shifted realignment. I am not trying to equate Penn State with these other issues but this season will be remembered as the one that was characterized by things that didn't happen on the football field. Who is going to win the Heisman? Don't care. Who will win the NC? Don't care.

My enthusiasm for this sport is at an all time low.

I am not even a basketball fan per se, but I am really looking forward to it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
agree. and add how good for the sport things were looking. the nfl was in a bs lockout. so even when the fans knew they would be playing, ppl were pissed and more ppl were looking forward to the college game. the nba was locked out and so casual viewers of sports in general were going to tune into college more. all the probelms at big time schools and the realignment has killed the season.

Reaction Score
this is what Vince McMahon envisioned for the XFL. the surrounding soap opera has eclipsed the play on the field in terms of coverage and media interest.

Reaction Score
this is what Vince McMahon envisioned for the XFL. the surrounding soap opera has eclipsed the play on the field in terms of coverage and media interest.
Well, at least the XFL got the up-close camera on the field going. :rolleyes:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i still say we get the wwf into uconn football. they are a ct company. while the wrester stuff may be a bit silly at this age, the $ would be worth it.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Never silly, The Rock returns on the 20th for Survivor Series!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
So true. I'd love to get back to the point where we discuss the actual games that just took place.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Don't forget the Hartford Colonials folding over the summer.

Also this week, "Let Herman Be Herman" turns out to not be a good thing (allegedly), and Silvio Berlusconi is finally stepping down, but for Italy's bonds and not for his bunga-bunga parties.

What a year. Those insufferable "look back at 2011" news specials they play the week between Christmas and New Years will have their work cut out for them for sure, and I haven't even mentioned the Arab Spring or OBL/Khaddafi eating it.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the Hartford Colonials folding over the summer.

Also this week, "Let Herman Be Herman" turns out to not be a good thing (allegedly), and Silvio Berlusconi is finally stepping down, but for Italy's bonds and not for his bunga-bunga parties.

What a year. Those insufferable "look back at 2011" news specials they play the week between Christmas and New Years will have their work cut out for them for sure, and I haven't even mentioned the Arab Spring or OBL/Khaddafi eating it.

UConn basketball

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That's 2011 for you. It started with Tressel then Miami. Then the landscape shifted realignment. I am not trying to equate Penn State with these other issues but this season will be remembered as the one that was characterized by things that didn't happen on the football field. Who is going to win the Heisman? Don't care. Who will win the NC? Don't care.

My enthusiasm for this sport is at an all time low.

I am not even a basketball fan per se, but I am really looking forward to it.
I won't "like" your post, but I agree.

Nevermind all the record snow, a tornado, a hurricane, and circling back on record snow again. Aside from our hoops teams this year, I for one won't be sad to see 2011 be done with!

Reaction Score
I agree, what a disappointing year. Oh, and the lackluster performance on the field doesn't help either. I'm hoping that UCONN finds a way to end te season on a high note (kind of like shooting a 110 in golf for the 1st 17 holes, but then hitting a birdie to end the round....just enough to get you looking forward to the next round).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom