College football ruins Hoops- | The Boneyard

College football ruins Hoops-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
When will it stop? This whole Bowl playoff haves/and "little 5" crap is so unfair. Meanwhile it's busting up all our conferences and rivalries. Thoughts-

Reaction Score
College football laid the foundation for intercollegiate sports in the US.

Reaction Score
We wouldn't care if we actually had a seat at the big boy table.

Reaction Score
As long as there aren't super conferences that create their own tournament, than I don't really care. It would suck if the 5 16 team superconferences created their own tournament and negotiated the major TV deals. Unfortunately all of the blue bloods and the vast majority of all the best programs would be in the super conferences, so the other teams would have a tournament that was way worse. Talk about a recruiting nightmare

Reaction Score
As long as there aren't super conferences that create their own tournament, than I don't really care. It would suck if the 5 16 team superconferences created their own tournament and negotiated the major TV deals. Unfortunately all of the blue bloods and the vast majority of all the best programs would be in the super conferences, so the other teams would have a tournament that was way worse. Talk about a recruiting nightmare
In the end, if there's no profit, that athletic department is a drain on collective revenues. That's how super-conferences would justify creating their own association.

Reaction Score
When I watch Uncle Cliffy play in the NBA for 1,000 years, Donyell for 750, Khalid shock the world, Gordon make it 2, Rip win a ring playing team ball, Ray get an NBA ring, Coach Calhoun get #3, Kemba starting at PG in the league, Lamb go in the lottery, Coach KO get the job, Bazz make a case for 1st team AA in Germany, Omar lace em up & Facey/Samuel say we're next.....I wind up not caring about all that ESPiN & the cartel stuff.

Reaction Score
When will it stop? This whole Bowl playoff haves/and "little 5" crap is so unfair. Meanwhile it's busting up all our conferences and rivalries. Thoughts-

Blame Mike Tranghese, he never had a clue. We could have been a stable conference, but he put basketball ahead of football and we ended up being raided again. Blame the BE for hiring John Marinatto, the BE leadership has been terrible. We have no one to blame but our leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom