College football is a regional sport. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College football is a regional sport.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I know we love our Huskies. I love them more than my two pro teams combined (the New England Patriots and Chicago Cubs). And I know the stadiums at Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan are usually filled with 120,000 fans.

But when the rubber meets the road, we're stuck with Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, and Oklahoma. It seems like Ohio State and USC are the only two teams capable of breaking this Southern stranglehold on the college game. And even when they get in, there are still three Southern teams. So now we get to see Alabama-Clemson. Again. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I'm not here to blame anyone. I'm just pointing out a fact.

Discuss.

Realignment put all the northeastern eggs in the Syracuse and Boston College baskets. Penn State and Rutgers are now in a Midwestern league. It will absolutely make the sport a regional sport, since about 30% of the population of the country in the northeast and the mountain states are basically ignored. But at least there are two schools out of each of South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Kansas.

Reaction Score
I know we love our Huskies. I love them more than my two pro teams combined (the New England Patriots and Chicago Cubs). And I know the stadiums at Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan are usually filled with 120,000 fans.

But when the rubber meets the road, we're stuck with Clemson, Georgia, Alabama, and Oklahoma. It seems like Ohio State and USC are the only two teams capable of breaking this Southern stranglehold on the college game. And even when they get in, there are still three Southern teams. So now we get to see Alabama-Clemson. Again. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Discuss.
These two play two of the greatest games of the last 30 years in the last two years and you are bored by a chance to see it again? Wow, you are crazy

Reaction Score
Realignment put all the northeastern eggs in the Syracuse and Boston College baskets. Penn State and Rutgers are now in a Midwestern league. It will absolutely make the sport a regional sport, since about 30% of the population of the country in the northeast and the mountain states are basically ignored. But at least there are two schools out of each of South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Kansas.

I pay attention to where their recruits come from, and no matter the league they're in, the recruits come from the northeast and mid-atlantic. Saying they are midwestern schools is kind of like saying BC is a southern school.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
These two play two of the greatest games of the last 30 years in the last two years and you are bored by a chance to see it again? Wow, you are crazy
It's like watching Russia and Canada play for the hockey world championship.

Big deal.

Reaction Score

Discuss.
Be like me... don’t bother watching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom