College Football Coaches & Commissioners Name Their Favorite Musical Acts | The Boneyard

College Football Coaches & Commissioners Name Their Favorite Musical Acts

Reaction Score

>>Stadium asked all 130 FBS head coaches and the 10 conference commissioners for their favorite musical act or group. They could only provide one answer and were not allowed to name multiple artists.

Kenny Chesney ended up as the top vote-getter, getting eight votes. Eric Church finished second with six votes, followed by Dave Matthews Band, which was third with five votes.

There was a two-way tie for fourth place between the Eagles and George Strait, each with four votes.

Six artists tied for sixth place with three votes each: AC/DC; Garth Brooks; Earth, Wind & Fire; Bruce Springsteen; The Rolling Stones and Zac Brown Band.<<

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Love the Eagles. My first concert: the Eagles’ “Hotel California” tour at MSG in 1977.

Also saw them in 1980 at the Meadowlands.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Jeez, Whatever happened to Jethro Tull?
1572472440983.png

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Not a surprising list... except for Eric Church being so popular. I can't name one song by him.

Reaction Score
Not a surprising list... except for Eric Church being so popular. I can't name one song by him.

At least you know who he is. I had to look it up. Then again, I've never much listened to Country, contemporary or traditional. Johnny Cash is about the extent of my knowledge of that genre.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I can’t be the only one who found this to be a super boring story. Actually, I didn’t read it, fell asleep in the second sentence. This the kind of story a kid turns in to get a C- in ninth grade.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I can’t be the only one who found this to be a super boring story. Actually, I didn’t read it, fell asleep in the second sentence. This the kind of story a kid turns in to get a C- in ninth grade.
That would've been me.

Reaction Score

>>Stadium asked all 130 FBS head coaches and the 10 conference commissioners for their favorite musical act or group. They could only provide one answer and were not allowed to name multiple artists.

Kenny Chesney ended up as the top vote-getter, getting eight votes. Eric Church finished second with six votes, followed by Dave Matthews Band, which was third with five votes.

There was a two-way tie for fourth place between the Eagles and George Strait, each with four votes.

Six artists tied for sixth place with three votes each: AC/DC; Garth Brooks; Earth, Wind & Fire; Bruce Springsteen; The Rolling Stones and Zac Brown Band.<<
Before the much needed victory over UMass I'd nominate Head Coach Randy Edsall for his weekly song and dance for the press.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love the Eagles. My first concert: the Eagles’ “Hotel California” tour at MSG in 1977.

Also saw them in 1980 at the Meadowlands.
Saw the Eagles with the Steve Miller Band at Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati in the summer of 1978. It was the first rock concert at Riverfront Stadium. Over 80,000 mid week, full moon. Started with a local band(Sad Cafe) around 5pm. Concert ended between 11 and 12 midnite. One of the best concerts I ever attended.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
That was actually my first concert!
Mine as well. 1976, Colt Park Hartford. I was 13. J. Geils opened. The night included a riot, burned cars, me getting separated from my group, being questioned by police about car break-ins (it wasn't me), and , as it turns out, being the last rock concert ever held at Colt Park. Good times!

I saw Tull six times through the 70's and 80's. Beyond a doubt the best rock concerts I ever attended.

Reaction Score
Mine as well. 1976, Colt Park Hartford. I was 13. J. Geils opened. The night included a riot, burned cars, me getting separated from my group, being questioned by police about car break-ins (it wasn't me), and , as it turns out, being the last rock concert ever held at Colt Park. Good times!

I saw Tull six times through the 70's and 80's. Beyond a doubt the best rock concerts I ever attended.
Was there too. Those Colt Park concerts were something else. Ian Anderson (Tull) is some king of showman. I also remember, Poco, Neil Young, Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane. My favorite memory is Fleetwood Mac. A young Stevie, wearing black, being the Welch witch, wind blowing and her dancing/floating about the stage. Still love her because of that!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom