College Degree in Sports? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College Degree in Sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He/she was/is wrong. Many DI athletes are fine students in established majors.
I don't think he would disagree with you on that. The point he was trying to make was that the concept of major college sports and the time that was demanded from the participants who were supposed to be there as students was, in his opinion, incompatible with the mission of a university.

Reaction Score
I don't think he would disagree with you on that. The point he was trying to make was that the concept of major college sports and the time that was demanded from the participants who were supposed to be there as students was, in his opinion, incompatible with the mission of a university.

And All I thought you did was climb the Notre Dame towers--If only there was a Q!

Well said--you should make a bumper sticker of this one. I see this as a FACT not an OPINION. I can remember when Pre-med and Engineers played on UConn Mens BB-- then Umass got Doctor J --and the spiral started for Uconn--and really took off with Calhoun.
And College sports and athletes are so much better off --RIGHT?

Reaction Score
As I said about the Ramanujan Award.

The ICTP Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from Developing Countries is a mathematics prize awarded annually by the International Centre ---What is the USA counterpart?? I believe some in the press would like you to think WOMEN/girls can't/won't/or would choose not to do math of this nature---they are partially right--mostly wrong~!! Some of the most capable Engineers (applied mathematicians) and Mathematicians /scientists are women ---and this isn't new.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The ICTP Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from Developing Countries is a mathematics prize awarded annually by the International Centre ---What is the USA counterpart?? I believe some in the press would like you to think WOMEN/girls can't/won't/or would choose not to do math of this nature---they are partially right--mostly wrong~!! Some of the most capable Engineers (applied mathematicians) and Mathematicians /scientists are women ---and this isn't new.
100%. Such a prize would do well for this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom