College BBall Roundup 11/22 - Super Big Weekend Edition | The Boneyard

College BBall Roundup 11/22 - Super Big Weekend Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Notable games and goings on: (Covering Saturday and Sunday, I know I'm way late to the party)

Most notablyest: #19 University of Connecticut Huskies VS. Furman University
Final Score: 83-58

Notes from the game
:

-Purvis' pressure caused a guy to step out of bounds, imagine that.
-We've never had a player with the size/vision/ballhandling of DHam.
-Bank shot 3, but no, shot clock violation. Kiss of death averted.
-Kentan definitely looks bigger through his mid section.
-Also he is going to start and shine next year.
-I could see one of our weaknesses going forward might be opp off reb
-I want Purv to shoot more.
-Omar's technique on his jump shot is his biggest hindrance in his consistency.
-Jalen doesn't know how good he can be yet. Grow that confidence young man.
-DHam from 10' and in needs to find a groove, he could be so lethal.
-Tim Welsh still blows.
-I like seeing them jump all over these lesser teams.
-I did not like seeing the lax interior D in the second half.
-This team's "best" game can match up with anybody. Hopefully they can come close to that on the regular.
-Was that 3 separate shot clock violations for Furman?
-Adams utilizes the bounce pass well, I like that.
-I like this team.
-Wings!!!
-Ollie wants them to "play together, play strong, play hard, play fast, play free and play physical."

Saturday: (Old news I know)

Future UConn opponents: UMass-Lowell lost to #18 Notre Dame 83-57, Sacred Heart lost to Fairfield 83-79, Texas beat Texas A&M CC 67-56 (Tevin Mack 0 pts, 0-6 fgs)

Former UConn opponents: Maine lost to Wagner 87-73

Top 25 Action: #1 UNC lost to Northern Iowa 71-67 (Not to shocking I thought, as long as they're missing Paige they'll be vulnerable), #9 Wich St. beat Emporia St. 76-54, #10 Gonzaga beat Mount St. Mary's 101-56 (By later this year Perkins is gonna be a very good player, respect his choice of them over us, still wish we had got him too though), #21 Purdue beat Old Dominion 61-39

Our AAC Chum(s): USF lost to BU 78-66 (The BU boys @BUHusky @BUHusky10 must be happy with that one?), UCF beat UNC-Greensboro 65-54 (Does any team have a bigger pair of post players than Fall and McBride?), Houston beat Florida A&M 97-52

P5 Winners: Louisville, Florida (Devin Robinson 12 pts, 10 rbs), Washington (Noah Dickerson 13 pts, 7 rbs, 3 blk), Texas A&M, Rutgirls, Oregon St., FSU (XRM couldn't buy a bucket 0-6), Va Tech (Chris Clarke 14 pts), Cuse, USC (Bennie Boatwright 15 pts, 9 rbs)

P5 Upsets: TCU, Illinois

Other Notes: Fordham won (Smith is seeing minutes, 9 pts, still nothing for Hardnett), PC won (Dunn had 11 pts, 10 ast, 7 rbs, 6 stl), Tolksy with no points in 7 min

Sunday:

Future UConn Opponents: Georgetown lost to #5 Duke 85-84 (Our OOC opponents keep missing chance after chance)

Top 25 Action: #6 Virginia beat George Mason 83-66, #11 Nova beat Akron 75-56, #12 Arizona beat NWestern St. 61-42, #21 Purdue beat Florida 85-70, #22 Butler lost to Miami 85-75 (Is there a hotter team than the U right now?), #25 Oregon beat Valpo 73-67 (Tyler Dorsey with 21 pts, another kid that would've looked good in national flag blue)

Our AAC Chum(s): Temple lost to #16 Utah 74-68 (And more missed opportunities for our AAC brethren), Cincy beat Ark-PB 99-50, Tulane beat App St. 76-48, SMU beat Yale 71-69, Tulsa beat Ind St. 67-59 (Thank goodness Tulsa and SMU won today)

P5 Winners: Tennessee, Miss St. (Malik Newman 14 pts), BC, Colorado, Texas Tech beat Minnesota, Wisconsin beat VCU, Nebraska, Ok St., South Carolina (PJ Dozier 12 pts, 9 rbs)

P5 Upsets: Ga Tech lost to E Tenn St.

Other Notes: Seton Hall beat Ole Miss (Carrington 10 pts, 5 ast)

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Go BU! (Though USF isn't really a basketball team at the moment, but I'll still take it.)

Reaction Score
Looks like it's going to be a great year for New England basketball. We'll be a top 10 team, PC have a PotY candidate, New Hampshire & Northeastern have legit shots at winning their conferences (and Northeastern has a bunch of promising freshmen), BU will compete, Fairfield looks a little bit like they're finally getting their * together, Yale is the best team in the Ivy League (and Harvard will have a say), and even BCU haven't embarrassed themselves yet.

About the only disappointment is the injury to the URI kid. Shame about that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Omar just needs to square on his shot. He's rushing just a bit. I really hope stops pressing and let's the game come to him. I think that's all that's lacking.

Reaction Score
Omar just needs to square on his shot. He's rushing just a bit. I really hope stops pressing and let's the game come to him. I think that's all that's lacking.

Let's be honest here, Omar is not a great shooter by any means and volume helps him. His PT at some point, as the bench shrinks will be based on how he shoots early. He has proven to be clutch so he will get his chances but he will need to make shots early I believe when his chances arrive.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, Omar and Sam aren't going to play more than a couple spot minutes here or there to give guys a breather.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest, Omar and Sam aren't going to play more than a couple spot minutes here or there to give guys a breather.
My hope is that he can maintain a respectable enough rate to get guys to bite on the up fake and drive. I think a little diversity in his attack will do him wonders, something we've seen out of him a little bit already this year.
My fear is that he's going to pigeonhole himself into being just a 3 point shooter because our guards and DHam are definitely going to find him in plenty of open spots. And then his percentage drops.

My outlook on SCII is a little cheerier. He's not quick. At. All. But I think he can be valuable in the context of the offense now that he's healthy. He can find the open man, and when he's in I want that open man to be Jalen and Gibbs. Those two playing off the ball can be lethal. Much like how we have done over the past few years with our starting pg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom