College BBall 11/14 - Opening Weekend! | The Boneyard

College BBall 11/14 - Opening Weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Notable games and goings on:

No UConn game, that is all.

Just kidding of course. I thought we could collect some of the disparate results and things into one thread, no?

Future UConn opponent Georgetown lost in 2OT to Radford. Whoops!

Butler had 71 points at halftime (71!), and aren't letting up, crossing 100 with 13 mins left to go in the 2nd. Remarkable to me anyway.

If NJIT had anyone to guard Labisierre, 18 pts at the half, they might have a chance, down 8 at the half.

PC won with Kris Dunn establishing his early candidacy for POY with 32,6,5. Granted I'm not trying to root for PC, but someone has to win the award and I'd rather it be a Connecticut son than one of ESPN's diaper boys.

Former UConn target Chris Clarke had a decent opening salvo for Va Tech with 10,3,1,1 but they are about to lose to the Alabama State Hornets at home. Double whoops!

Stony Brook and Pikiell won their first game against the Merchant Marine Academy (they have a program?)

Tulsa won, UMass won, BC won (I know, I know, who cares, I was more hoping those last two would lose), UCF is losing to Davidson.

Updates later?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Butler won 144-71 vs the Citadel 56/88 FG (holy crap!) 63.6%.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Is Davidson supposed to be good this year? UCF only lost by 5 90-85, not as bad as Tulane and USF? Just curious.

Reaction Score
They return most everyone but their best player from an A-10 regular season champion. They should be right up there again.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
They return most everyone but their best player from an A-10 regular season champion. They should be right up there again.
Thanks, although losing their best player and having Jack Gibbs score 35 ain't too bad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was very interested to see Tacko Fall, but their game against Davidson wasn't televised. (Unless you wanted to pay $7 for the A10 network. Ah, no.)

Fairly close game - UCF was down ten at the half, but actually took a lead with about 12 to play. They were a possession or two down the rest of the way and just couldn't get back in front. Fall didn't do much.

The other team I was interested in was Fordham.

UConn at least sniffed Jahshire Hardnett and Nych Smith last season before passing.....Fordham took 'em both.

Was curious to see how they played - game is still going on, but neither player has gotten much PT.

Reaction Score
Not great for one of our marquee OOC opponents to already have a major ding in their resume.

In 2014, every major OOC opponent with the exception of Florida disappointed, and our NCAAT seeding suffered for it.

As it stands, and pending Atlantis, we only have 2 ranked teams on our schedule (#3 Maryland and #25 Michigan). Georgetown spitting the bit already doesn't help.

Reaction Score
Not great for one of our marquee OOC opponents to already have a major ding in their resume.

In 2014, every major OOC opponent with the exception of Florida disappointed, and our NCAAT seeding suffered for it.

As it stands, and pending Atlantis, we only have 2 ranked teams on our schedule (#3 Maryland and #25 Michigan). Georgetown spitting the bit already doesn't help.

Do you ever deviate from the script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky