College Basketball Scandal | The Boneyard

College Basketball Scandal

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
We are living in the twilight zone with Wade and Miller still coaching at all not to mention without penalty.

Reaction Score
It's just not worth the energy anymore. We know nothing is going to happen. The system is inherently corrupt. We are on the wrong side of it. If people want to know what it would feel like to live in a non-democratic society, I offer you the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Miller’s defenders in Tucson are legion. I spoke to a dozen fans in the arena before the game on the night of our scheduled sit-down and they offered a collective shrug. Corruption in college hoops?

“I’m a very positive person, and I don’t believe the accusations,” said Fran Strubeck, a retiree and longtime fan of the Wildcats. “Sean Miller is far too much of an upstanding man for that.”

Lol

Reaction Score
Miller’s defenders in Tucson are legion. I spoke to a dozen fans in the arena before the game on the night of our scheduled sit-down and they offered a collective shrug. Corruption in college hoops?

“I’m a very positive person, and I don’t believe the accusations,” said Fran Strubeck, a retiree and longtime fan of the Wildcats. “Sean Miller is far too much of an upstanding man for that.”

Lol
How about the guy who said if there are no receipts, there is no proof? I guess Sean Miller on a taped recording offering a bribe does not constitute proof to these morons.

Reaction Score
I still find the non punishment of UNC to be the worst. They went further to compromise their academic standards than anyone. So much so that it seemed to be outside the jurisdiction of the NCAA.
The Stalin principal applies in these cases
“ if you kill one or two people it’s murder but if you kill a million it’s only a statistic “

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Did Kansas and Self have a bunch of violations earlier on in the year?
Would have been a bigger story given they are currently number one. Let's see if this is the beginning of the NYT articles on the scandal.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I still find the non punishment of UNC to be the worst. They went further to compromise their academic standards than anyone. So much so that it seemed to be outside the jurisdiction of the NCAA.
I'm waiting to see how this plays out. Kansas, LSU, NCST as well as AZ should not be playing this post season. And then there is Louisville.

The worst was the double punishment they applied to UConn employing the first punished problem as part of their decision making with the second punishment. It was like the following example:

Driver: Hey officer, I was driving 60 in a 55 mile speed limit. The ticket says I was driving 75.
State Trooper: Yes you were driving 60 but you got a ticket yesterday driving 50 in a 35 mile speed limit.

The UNC scandal highlighted the NCAA insincerity regarding the punishment they gave UConn with regard to academic standards for athletes. When UConn was being punished articles like the following were made:

Wasn't just people outside the program that were fooled by the NCAA's APR policy!

We had a fair number of Boneyarders who I couldn't convince that shixt like we saw ultimately exposed at UNC was going on. Author of the above article probably believed Enron's success was legit up until it was exposed instead of investigating things that smell off.

The NCAA botched the U of M scandal and they ignored that it was Syracuse who prolonged their investigation. They chose to make the decision for punishment ten years from the time the investigation was completed instead of when it began. We should all be writing 4>0.

Pitino initially doesn't get dinged for the activities of his assistants but Calhoun gets hit for inappropriate number of phone calls made by his assistants.

And yet in spite of this morass of incompetence and/or double standard I still have a smile on my face.

A lot of wrong in the NCAA world was made right with number four and Bazz's proclamation "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BAN US!!"

Reaction Score
I'm waiting to see how this plays out. Kansas, LSU, NCST as well as AZ should not be playing this post season. And then there is Louisville.

The worst was the double punishment they applied to UConn employing the first punished problem as part of their decision making with the second punishment. It was like the following example:

Driver: Hey officer, I was driving 60 in a 55 mile speed limit. The ticket says I was driving 75.
State Trooper: Yes you were driving 60 but you got a ticket yesterday driving 50 in a 35 mile speed limit.

The UNC scandal highlighted the NCAA insincerity regarding the punishment they gave UConn with regard to academic standards for athletes. When UConn was being punished articles like the following were made:

Wasn't just people outside the program that were fooled by the NCAA's APR policy!

We had a fair number of Boneyarders who I couldn't convince that shixt like we saw ultimately exposed at UNC was going on. Author of the above article probably believed Enron's success was legit up until it was exposed instead of investigating things that smell off.

The NCAA botched the U of M scandal and they ignored that it was Syracuse who prolonged their investigation. They chose to make the decision for punishment ten years from the time the investigation was completed instead of when it began. We should all be writing 4>0.

Pitino initially doesn't get dinged for the activities of his assistants but Calhoun gets hit for inappropriate number of phone calls made by his assistants.

And yet in spite of this morass of incompetence and/or double standard I still have a smile on my face.

A lot of wrong in the NCAA world was made right with number four and Bazz's proclamation "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BAN US!!"

What Uconn did by winning the ship followed by what Shabazz said to Emmert and the NCAA after that game was one if the greatest revenge stories in the history of college sports. Obviously I am Uconn biased but has anyone ever heard of anything similiar happening in sports? I felt a lot of pride when he did that and Bazz totally earned it. The only thing I wish he did that he didn't do was turn and stare Emmert in right in the eyes. Screw the NCAA. And the most underrated revenge story in history

ctchamps

Reaction Score
What Uconn did by winning the ship followed by what Shabazz said to Emmert and the NCAA after that game was one if the greatest revenge stories in the history of college sports. Obviously I am Uconn biased but has anyone ever heard of anything similiar happening in sports? I felt a lot of pride when he did that and Bazz totally earned it. The only thing I wish he did that he didn't do was turn and stare Emmert in right in the eyes. Screw the NCAA. And the most underrated revenge story in history
That incident could make a case for Karma.

Not let me know what UConn has done to get Karmic payback with the injuries it suffered this season and the incredible bad luck of losing close games. Clue in the pay KO crowd.

I love to instigate.:cool:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
^ TL;DR version
Was going to one up you with just a middle finger emoji response but profanity filter precludes this. So imagine it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Was going to one up you with just a middle finger emoji response but profanity filter precludes this. So imagine it.
It was a compliment.

I Liked your post, and it concluded in stellar fashion exactly where it should. I highlighted the close for those who truly didn't read it.

As such, I'm disinclined to picture the emoji. Sorry that it landed contrary to intention.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It was a compliment.

I Liked your post, and it concluded in stellar fashion exactly where it should. I highlighted the close for those who truly didn't read it.

As such, I'm disinclined to picture to picture the emoji. Sorry, that it landed contrary to intention.
No need to apologize.

Even though I've seen it posted in this forum before I did not know what TL;DR meant so looked it up.

Got this definition: Tl;dr stands for "too long; didn't read." While the internet acronym can criticize a piece of writing as overly long, it often is used to give a helpful, witty, or snarky summary of a much longer story or complicated phenomenon. Related words: cool story, bro.

Never got to "related words: cool story, bro".

Anyhow I wasn't offended even before rereading the definition. I took your response as being funny. I wanted to make TL;DR version appear overly long with the emoji. Thought that would be funny.

So you gave me an opportunity to check something out I didn't know. Additionally I found out my Apple typewriter doesn't allow for an up or down arrow to be written. Love The Boneyard for keeping this aging brain agile.

Reaction Score
It's just not worth the energy anymore. We know nothing is going to happen. The system is inherently corrupt. We are on the wrong side of it. If people want to know what it would feel like to live in a non-democratic society, I offer you the NCAA.

Reaction Score
just took a look at will wades 2020 recruiting class, of course they take in Leblanc, the guy at the center of the Georgetown suspensions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom