College Basketball Discussion January 24-31 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College Basketball Discussion January 24-31

Reaction Score
Nice pass.

But again, and this is not only in regards to CT kids either, but most kids don't want to stay close to home. They can not be faulted for wanting to go somewhere new, experience new things, etc. and we really have no right to expect that from young adults.

How did Tremont Waters of Connecticut end up at LSU? An alligator dish may have helped

"We turned the page on our program tonight," Wade said after the win over Michigan. "Helps having a point guard like him. He's got the keys to the car."

"Our pitch to Trey was, 'We need a point guard,'" Wade said this week. "I told him, 'If you want to do something special, come to a place where you can turn around a program that hasn't been winning.'"

"This guy came into the picture," he said laughing. "I knew who he was. I knew he coached at Chattanooga and at VCU. But other than that, no. I just knew he was a guru of basketball and knew what he was doing."

But more important than that, Wade reminded Waters of something very close to home. In fact, in his home.

"He reminded me of my father," Waters said.

That would be Edward Waters, who controls the keys to the cars and taught his son, who is one of six boys, a valuable lesson.

"He forces you to be accountable," Waters said of dad and his new coach. "He makes sure everything is all right, set in place for you. And just overall, he just reminds me of my dad. That's why I really came here."

Reaction Score
Ya, but it does not negate the fact that a lot of kids just want to see new places, go somewhere different, get away from their hometown, meet new people, etc.

EDIT: Did anyone see unc go down again? 3 losses in a row. 99% sure they beat Pitt but I think for ONCE in my life, I will be cheering for Duke to make it 4 losses in 5 games and maybe knock unc out of the top 25 and hopefully beat unc. Because, again, assuming they beat pitt that would leave unc at 17-8 and 6-6 in conference with a tough road game vs NC st. who already beat UNC at home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cyril Langevine goes for 18 rebs and 12 pts @ VCU in 13 pt URI win.

CL a sleeping giant on the boards. If this kids wakes up URI could really contend for the 2nd weekend or more. The kid may be developing at the right time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom