College Basketball Discussion January 16-23 | The Boneyard

College Basketball Discussion January 16-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Cincinnati @ UCF tonight on CBSSN before our game against Memphis at 7. Should be a good one, UCF won last year in Orlando.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Cincinnati @ UCF tonight on CBSSN before our game against Memphis at 7. Should be a good one, UCF won last year in Orlando.

BJ Taylor scored 27 points on us last year in a game where we only gave up 53. If he is out, I expect Cincinnati to win an ugly one. Game might be in the 40's. Cincinnati is #3 in adj defense in KenPom and UCF is #4.

Reaction Score
Oregon plays USC and UCLA this week. Those would be huge wins before they enter the easy part of their PAC12 schedule. Hopefully they go on a run.

kobe

Reaction Score
BJ Taylor is playing tonight. Kill me.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon plays USC and UCLA this week. Those would be huge wins before they enter the easy part of their PAC12 schedule. Hopefully they go on a run.

The standings in the Pac 12 are so jumbled up currently it makes it difficult to declare any portion of the schedule "the easy part." After playing the LA schools, they host Oregon St. (who beat the Ducks earlier this season in Corvallis), then go to the Bay Area. Stanford is currently tied for first place.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Anybody watching Trae Young recently. Just laugh out loud numbers:

Reaction Score
UCF 19 to Cinci's 15 at the half
But I can't watch the rest of the game because I drove icicles through my eyeballs.

kobe

Reaction Score
UCF 19 to Cinci's 15 at the half
But I can't watch the rest of the game because I drove icicles through my eyeballs.
Are you a masochist or something? Why the hell would you watch this.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Are you a masochist or something? Why the hell would you watch this.
Because I’m getting my moneys worth on my free trial of YouTube TV

Also Ollie a better offensive coach than Cronin.

15 points lololol

kobe

Reaction Score
Because I’m getting my moneys worth on my free trial of YouTube TV

Also Ollie a better offensive coach than Cronin.

15 points lololol

Have to agree there. UConn definitely on the right track with Ollie. Never let him go! He's better than little Micky!

pj

Reaction Score
UCF 19 - Cincy 15 at the half. Now that is a pathetic score.

You gotta credit UCF for not giving up a touchdown, although the five field goals are a bit embarassing.

Reaction Score
You gotta credit UCF for not giving up a touchdown, although the five field goals are a bit embarassing.

Believe it or not, the halftime score of the UCF/UC football game was actually higher. 37 - 16

Reaction Score
Smu beat Wichita st on the road, Auburn losing to Alabama, and Tulane up at the half on Houston

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Can’t believe it but Mike Dunleavy has turned Tulane into a competitive basketball team

Reaction Score
Can’t believe it but Mike Dunleavy has turned Tulane into a competitive basketball team
Was at game (got ticket when picked up UConn tickets, were giving away free grub with tickets to Houston). Seeing both Houston and UConn games against Tulane, if I had seen the Houston game 1st would have expected Tulane to beat UConn like Memphis did. Houston is a tough team and Tulane slugged it out with them (don't mean dirty, just lot of uncalled body contact and lot of players very quick to the ball). Keeping it simple for my simple mind all comes down to shooting, Tulane made 6 more 3's against Houston on similar shot number, that 18 points gets you to about the 80 point mark for Tulane vs 57 against UConn.
Tulane and Houston both had their JA type leader, Houston was a JA while Tulane's was more a shooter (what need CV to be). Difference is rest of both teams are just better basketball players than UConn's guys.
Pretty sure Houston isn't as good as they looked against Arkansas but they are a solid team, Tulane beating them at home was a good win, UConn beating Tulane there was a good win. Need heathy Larrier, CV needs to play smart and not shoot UConn out of games and UConn needs shots on every possession and defensive rebounds and shoot better. Guess after I read my own previous sentence, UConn just has too many weaknesses as a team to play consistently good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom