College Basketball Discussion February 6-13 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nevada pounds San Diego St tonight, tied at the half, win by 25

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Temple is now the first team in the "Next Four Out" category on Bracket Matrix. Remaining schedule:

@ Wichita State
vs Houston
vs UCF
@ UConn
@ Tulsa

you gotta think if they lose @ Wichita and win the last 4 they'll be right there. That would put them at 19-11 and wins over Wichita State, Clemson, Auburn, Cincinnati, and @ SMU.

Reaction Score
How many bids do you think the AAC gets this year? Three at best?

Drew

Reaction Score
How many bids do you think the AAC gets this year? Three at best?
3 is probably the low number and its possible (though unlikely) that 5 could get in.

Lock: Cincinnati
Will Be In: Wichita State
Should Be In: Houston
Bubble: SMU, Temple

SMU can help themselves a ton today with a win at home over Cincinnati. Their resume is similar to Temple in that they have some really really impressive wins. Their remaining schedule is:

vs Cincinnati
vs Memphis
@UCF
@ ECU
vs Wichita State
vs Houston
@USF

gotta figure the Memphis/ECU/USF games are locks. Beat two of Cincinnati/Wichita State/Houston at home and combine it with wins vs Memphis, ECU, USF, UCF and they finish 21-10. Just don't see how you can keep them out with that record and their impressive wins

Reaction Score
Top 16 Seeds:

SOUTH (Atlanta, Ga.)

1. Virginia (1 overall seed)

2. Cincinnati (8)

3. Michigan State (11)

4. Tennessee (13)

WEST (Los Angeles, Calif.)

1. Purdue (4)

2. Kansas (6)

3. North Carolina (12)

4. Arizona (15)

EAST (Boston, Mass.)

1. Villanova (2)

2. Duke (7)

3. Texas Tech (10)

4. Ohio State (14)

MIDWEST (Omaha, Neb.)

1. Xavier (3)

2. Auburn (5)

3. Clemson (9)

4. Oklahoma (16)

What do you guys think? Kansas?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Cincinnati is breaking SMU. This is unholy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
3 is probably the low number and its possible (though unlikely) that 5 could get in.

Lock: Cincinnati
Will Be In: Wichita State
Should Be In: Houston
Bubble: SMU, Temple

SMU can help themselves a ton today with a win at home over Cincinnati. Their resume is similar to Temple in that they have some really really impressive wins. Their remaining schedule is:

vs Cincinnati
vs Memphis
@UCF
@ ECU
vs Wichita State
vs Houston
@USF

gotta figure the Memphis/ECU/USF games are locks. Beat two of Cincinnati/Wichita State/Houston at home and combine it with wins vs Memphis, ECU, USF, UCF and they finish 21-10. Just don't see how you can keep them out with that record and their impressive wins

It’s three. Maybe a magical Temple run gets them four. But SMU is cooked.

Reaction Score
Jankovich is being found out.
Kind of disagree. SMU was going to lose regardless before the game even tipped. We had 6 players yesterday. Chargois hurt his ankle in shoot around leaving us with our 3 best players on the bench hurt. We had one center the entire game and a walk-on had to play almost 10 min. It was a bad day at Moody

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Kind of disagree. SMU was going to lose regardless before the game even tipped. We had 6 players yesterday. Chargois hurt his ankle in shoot around leaving us with our 3 best players on the bench hurt. We had one center the entire game and a walk-on had to play almost 10 min. It was a bad day at Moody
Felt bad for your team in the second half. That was just a beat down. I don't know if Jank is any good though. I mean you guys a tremendous group of guys the last 2-3 years. So I tend to think it was more those guys than Jank carrying the program. Given SMU's investments in basketball they should be "okay" going forward. Probably a bubblish team every year. If SMU fans are expecting to see the success you guys have had recently, you'll be really disappointed.

Reaction Score
We've got a Cincy fan and an SMU fan discussing their teams on the boneyard. Really strange time to be a UConn fan, this is tough to get used to.

Reaction Score
Sure – I never expected you guys to win against Cincy. But you're now 2 games under .500 in the AAC with some losses to truly awful teams (including us).

Reaction Score
Felt bad for your team in the second half. That was just a beat down. I don't know if Jank is any good though. I mean you guys a tremendous group of guys the last 2-3 years. So I tend to think it was more those guys than Jank carrying the program. Given SMU's investments in basketball they should be "okay" going forward. Probably a bubblish team every year. If SMU fans are expecting to see the success you guys have had recently, you'll be really disappointed.

All very valid points. SMU fans are very worried. We knew this was going to be a rebuilding year after losing 3 NBA guys and a bunch of freshmen coming in but still thought we would make the tournament (especially after we somehow beat Arizona). It is concerning that we had some absolute studs the last few years and have zero NCAA wins to show for it...

Next year is a big year for them. Unfortunately the AD is pricing everyone out of the building for no reason, so don't expect any Moody Magic next year.

BTW, very impressed with Cincy. Hope they make a deep run for the AAC.

Reaction Score
How about Colgate tonight, giving up a 10 point lead with 90 seconds to go, and an 8 point lead still with under 25 seconds to go....WOW.
That was a crazy crazy game. Bucknell another Jekell & Hyde team. Could be a sleeper S16 team or get bounced as the PL 1 seed in conference tourney.

Reaction Score
We've got a Cincy fan and an SMU fan discussing their teams on the boneyard. Really strange time to be a UConn fan, this is tough to get used to.
I would agree but because the subject heading is for general hoops discussion my thoughts are it is a reasonable place to chit chat about our AAC rivals. Assuming KO considers the Bearcats a rival of course.

Anyways this Quadrant system the committee is using gave me a sleepless night last night. How about you? Q1 losses being the issue at hand and how that doesn't factor adversely when comparing various teams. hmmmmmmm.

Reaction Score
I'm just sitting here watching Texas/Baylor now entering a second OT. It's not a good game, not even very entertaining. Why am I doing this to myself? Sure wish we had Mo Bamba though, not that we probably ever really had a chance.

Drew

Reaction Score
huge game in Lincoln tonight. Essentially a NCAA bubble elimination game between Nebraska and Maryland. Tip at 7 on BTN

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
huge game in Lincoln tonight. Essentially a NCAA bubble elimination game between Nebraska and Maryland. Tip at 7 on BTN

Those numbers are ridiculous.

Reaction Score
This one's for @8893 - top button and popped collar:
Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 8.27.45 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads