College Basketball Discussion February 6-13 2018 | The Boneyard

College Basketball Discussion February 6-13 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Saw the AAC thread by @ZachCT12 but figured I’d just start this for all discussion on CBB. I don’t think Michigan is that good. That’s a bad loss to a bad Northwestern team

Reaction Score
Final Four team I think as long as they can stay hot from 3 like they did tonight. It's what barely squeaked them by UConn on Saturday

Reaction Score
Final Four team I think as long as they can stay hot from 3 like they did tonight. It's what barely squeaked them by UConn on Saturday

The metrics for Cincinnati are really looking good right now. BUT lets see how they end conference play with x2 vs WSU, @ Houston, @ SMU (dinged up).

In the AAC a few slip ups here coupled with not winning the AAC conference title easily could send Cincinnati into 4 or 5 seed territory. How confident would you be with Cincinnati playing a 5 seed in the 2nd round? Followed by the 1 seed just to get to the Regional Final. I am more of a believer now than I was pre season in Cincinnati's chances at a deep run. History though should cause people to temper expectations. Lets see if they can break through. I think Cronin is focused but man that PG situation still could be a volatile one in March when it matters most.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
PC steals one from Georgetown after some truly horrendous decision making by the Hoyas in the last 2 minutes. Ewing’s final in-bounds looks like it was drawn up by our staff.

Reaction Score
Iowa just choked away a game late to MSU. Lame. Hate when I watch something that turns out to be a bust.

Reaction Score
PC steals one from Georgetown after some truly horrendous decision making by the Hoyas in the last 2 minutes. Ewing’s final in-bounds looks like it was drawn up by our staff.
That really was BAD. How about simply hitting a guy on the in bounds (ANY guard) on a slant at 3/4 court with 4.3 secs left and then giving him the option of a straight drive for game winner (close to three pt line) or have him dish on the double for a wide open 22 footer?

Instead a hail mary!!!!!!!!!!

Made KO look like Dean Smith.

Drew

Reaction Score

Another win for Nebraska, now 18-8 (9-4) on the year. Never won a NCAA tournament game but right there on the bubble now.

Drew

Reaction Score
Also tonight: Wichita State 85 Memphis 65. Nice bounce back for the Shockers even if Memphis isn't that great.

Reaction Score

They are a very nice team. BUT not a Final Four team.

Cincy lacks one key ingredient. A dominant guard. Great Guards are what gets you to the promised land...

Reaction Score
They are a very nice team. BUT not a Final Four team.

Cincy lacks one key ingredient. A dominant guard. Great Guards are what gets you to the promised land...

Jacob Evans isn't a dominant guard? He really runs the point most of the time.

Reaction Score
Jacob Evans isn't a dominant guard? He really runs the point most of the time.

Ahhhh.... no he is not a dominant guard. A very nice guard, but he is not taking over a game deep in the tournament when most teams have two guards better than him.

Cincy has a good team but no monster on the floor thats going to drag you through a tough game. They are a product of a light schedule the last month. And not for nothing they were not overly impressive against us. ( that says a lot).

Defense takes you so far but you need a STUD scorer. To take over a rough game a-la.. Rip,Oka,Kemba,Bazz..

Reaction Score
Ucf average less than 40 pts per game in their two matchups with Cincy. That's a bad high school line.

Reaction Score
Cronin's teams have always underperformed in the tournament with 1 sweet 16 under his leadership. Granted their offense is better than most previous years but not sure they can get past the elite 8 especially if they get a 4 or 5 seed.

Reaction Score

Insanity

Oh but it’s the league.... the league sucks which is why UCONN sucks so bad .... it’s not the coach .... it’s the league LOL

Reaction Score
Cronin's teams have always underperformed in the tournament with 1 sweet 16 under his leadership. Granted their offense is better than most previous years but not sure they can get past the elite 8 especially if they get a 4 or 5 seed.
Good Evening Kathy,

Very insightful post. Hope all is well. It is very refreshing to interact with such a knowledgeable college hoops fan that is of the female persuasion. It takes real courage for me to post these words to one of my fav posters because my good intentions will be twisted and turned like a tornado ravaging the plains of Kansas.

Tonight we get that W! This game tonight may not be for the basketball purest like you and I...BUT if we were sitting next to each other at the game tonight it would be great convo while sharing our snack of choice and drinking a cold one.

Let's root like heck for our UConn Huskies tonight. I am hoping we can still find a way to make the NIT and salvage something this year. Until that doesn't happen...I am willing to stand up for a cumulative 30 minutes before we make a hoop to start the game.

Best,
BDH

Reaction Score
Good Evening Kathy,

Very insightful post. Hope all is well. It is very refreshing to interact with such a knowledgeable college hoops fan that is of the female persuasion. It takes real courage for me to post these words to one of my fav posters because my good intentions will be twisted and turned like a tornado ravaging the plains of Kansas.

Tonight we get that W! This game tonight may not be for the basketball purest like you and I...BUT if we were sitting next to each other at the game tonight it would be great convo while sharing our snack of choice and drinking a cold one.

Let's root like heck for our UConn Huskies tonight. I am hoping we can still find a way to make the NIT and salvage something this year. Until that doesn't happen...I am willing to stand up for a cumulative 30 minutes before we make a hoop to start the game.

Best,
BDH
Thanks for the compliment. Basketball has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. My late husband played in high school (just blessed with height no real athleticism). My brother-in-law, nephew and son coach. I better know the game or I'm dead meat around them. Have a cold one and a snack for me. Too icy to leave the house. 1st one I've missed this year.

Drew

Reaction Score

game is on ESPN2. SMU leads currently

Reaction Score
For once in my life I was cheering for duke, to knock Unc out of the top 25.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Ahhhh.... no he is not a dominant guard. A very nice guard, but he is not taking over a game deep in the tournament when most teams have two guards better than him.

Cincy has a good team but no monster on the floor thats going to drag you through a tough game. They are a product of a light schedule the last month. And not for nothing they were not overly impressive against us. ( that says a lot).

Defense takes you so far but you need a STUD scorer. To take over a rough game a-la.. Rip,Oka,Kemba,Bazz..

How many teams have two guards better than Jacob Evans? Maybe 2 or 3? I mean I'm no believer in Mick but when Evans is "on" he's a stud. He carried us as a freshman in the NCAA Tournament against St. Joes with 26 points (17 in the second half) coming from behind by double figures in the second half. I mean if that dunk by Ellis is 0.1 seconds quicker and we win in OT, UC fans would still be talking about that one but because we lost it's all forgotten.

Reaction Score
How many teams have two guards better than Jacob Evans? Maybe 2 or 3? I mean I'm no believer in Mick but when Evans is "on" he's a stud. He carried us as a freshman in the NCAA Tournament against St. Joes with 26 points (17 in the second half) coming from behind by double figures in the second half. I mean if that dunk by Ellis is 0.1 seconds quicker and we win in OT, UC fans would still be talking about that one but because we lost it's all forgotten.

Would of could of should of....

Return to convo April 1st Kobe and see who is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom