College Basketball 2.9.19-2.16.19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College Basketball 2.9.19-2.16.19

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I really dislike the new "rules" on setting picks/screens.

I always despised when the screener would throw out a hip to disrupt the defender. Please call that every time.

A good screen or pick used to be where a player established and maintained his position while another offensive player went hip to hip to get space. Now that is a foul.
Doesn’t help that Memphis has a history of flopping like crazy. Bad refs fall for flops. The moving screen on Carlton early second, he was set for 3 seconds. Memphis player launches into him and acts like he got shot.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Basketball is a very physical sport, touching the opponent is not an automatic foul. Makes it so tough to watch. The Duke-UVA game yesterday was beautiful, very few fouls called. College basketball needs to sell their stars by keeping them in the game, not on the bench with 2 early fouls
For being so weak, Carlton and Polley are able send men twice their strength crumbling to the ground. Probs to them

Reaction Score
Houston looked really good today and the emergence of their depth is making them look even better for March.

Good tournament teams need good guards and they have three really good guards. Davis can score in so many ways, Robinson is so steady with the ball and Brooks is lights out from deep. The remaining 7 guys Sampson puts out there have good size and the right mix of length and strength.

The big difference for them lately has been Chris Harris Jr.'s emergence. Barely played in the beginning of the season but in his last five games he's shown that he can be trusted on as a defensive presence against the other team's big guy.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
cumberland is a such a beast. if jacob evans had even a fraction of his alpha-ness, we might have won the whole damn thing last year. the rest of our team is not so great. williams and broome were okaaay, jenifer is a complete non-factor against houstons athleticism. hope we beat them at home.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
The announcers have commented numerous times how road wins are few and far between in the AAC. Wonder if the officiating has something to do with that. Too much home cooking for the home teams.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
I'm afraid Houston will hype me up and I will have them go on a final four run in my bracket only to watch them lose in the 2nd round

Reaction Score
I'm afraid Houston will hype me up and I will have them go on a final four run in my bracket only to watch them lose in the 2nd round
Yeah, I'm with you on this. I know enough now not to put Cincinnati past the second round and I'm really thinking I shouldn't make the same mistake any more with Houston. I really thought Rob Gray was primed to drag that team to the second weekend at least last year. And then..

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm with you on this. I know enough now not to put Cincinnati past the second round and I'm really thinking I shouldn't make the same mistake any more with Houston. I really thought Rob Gray was primed to drag that team to the second weekend at least last year. And then..

shut up

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score

I did the same thing last season. Houston final four! I won't make that mistake twice

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Kinda crazy these teams arent getting much respect nationally.

They need to do something in March. Houston is a new kid on the block, I think they'll make it to the second weekend this year. I don't think anyone from our conference has since UConn and Louisville in 2014.

Cinci is a perennial choke, last year I watched the Leprechaun get tense and his team followed suit in an all time classic choke. The coach was scared, the team knew it and it all showed down the stretch

Reaction Score

Great pass and great shot, but Houston did so many things wrong on this play for it to happen.

Reaction Score
Great pass and great shot, but Houston did so many things wrong on this play for it to happen.
Yep. I think they missed a whole bunch of free throws beforehand too, right? Disastrous finish either way.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I said when he was here that Enoch has the ability to be a very good player

Reaction Score
If anyone ever says that the AAC refs aren't bad then they need to turn into this Duke-Louisville game. Less than 3 minutes to go in the 1st half and neither team is in the bonus. Louisville only has 1 foul called on them. This is a very physical game and fouls are not getting called.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom