Cole is moving toward elite status | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cole is moving toward elite status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Earlier this season I was considering Martin one of UConn's best transfers ever (top 5).

Well if Cole keeps this up he should be crowned the King of UConn transfers, when all is said and done.
Why wait @Kitaman? Imo they are my 2 favorite/best transfers we have had. I believe Cole has already earned it. Johnny Selvie is one my all time favorite transfer in too.

Reaction Score
I’ve been a UConn fan since 1979. Pound sand kid.
You sound like a casual fan...maybe go find another hobby if you really think Cole sucks. He's putting up almost identical stats to our star from last year's team who was selected as a lottery pick. Yes, he isn't as athletic as Bouknight, but he's just as efficient a scorer at the college level and he's doing it while also having to handle the ball almost 100% of the time.

Reaction Score
You sound like a casual fan...maybe go find another hobby if you really think Cole sucks. He's putting up almost identical stats to our star from last year's team who was selected as a lottery pick. Yes, he isn't as athletic as Bouknight, but he's just as efficient a scorer at the college level and he's doing it while also having to handle the ball almost 100% of the time.

These people are spoiled. Kid is putting up 16 points a game with a 2.5:1 A:TO ratio on the 15th ranked team in the country. Just cause he isn't a lottery pick doesn't mean he isn't elite.

Reaction Score
Love Cole and I think he's a special player. He's an absolute dog and he keeps us in games where we would be lost without him. I think he could be even more special some day and possibly ascend towards "elite" status. A couple things he could work on are decision making and getting other guys involved early in games through dribble penetration and getting the defense to shift allowing other guys to get open. I think people's definition of "elite" are different here. Definitely glad this dude transferred from Howard to UCONN. Big time Cole fan here.

Reaction Score
Not to mention playing hound dog defense to boot! Phew!

Reaction Score
These people are spoiled. Kid is putting up 16 points a game with a 2.5:1 A:TO ratio on the 15th ranked team in the country. Just cause he isn't a lottery pick doesn't mean he isn't elite.
Thats how i spot casual/fairweather fans. If as a fan you dont love players that excel in the college game who clearly dont have much of an NBA future then youre missing a part of whats special about the college game. I love players like RJ.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
While I don’t agree that RJ is close to suck- everyone has an opinion. Let’s be big boys and not politicians and stop suggesting people do other things. Makes you look small.

Reaction Score
Cole may not be make the NBA but they said the same about Fred VanVleet.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Very much a key player, we're lucky to have him.

I still think Sanogo is our best player. And Sanogo and Hawkins have the most next level talent, but I love having Cole and I like all the kids that chose UConn

Some UConn fans on the other hand, 'HAVE A VERY LOW BASKETBALL IQ"

Oh the irony, I know

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Before the season started I wasn't sold on Cole but the teams future success rides on his shoulders along with Whaley. I don't see the team going far without those 2 healthy & playing well.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Akok Akok. Is it possible that you could box out on a free throw? Does anybody coach fundamentals on this team? Live by the playground, die by the playground.
I have no doubt fundamentals are taught, Vet. Doing them in a game is the problem. The cause for many quick hooks by JC. Will always be an issue.

I mean, free throws are a fundamentals. Some guys suck at it but they take a ton of them in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom