Cole, Bouknight, Martin, Polley, Whaley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cole, Bouknight, Martin, Polley, Whaley

Reaction Score
Cole may be allergic to rebounding.
He’s a point guard. He won’t get offensive boards because he’s the guy who needs to stop transition attacks. If you’ve realized from the games, Cole in DePaul was back in transition D and drew a charge to get the ball back.
Also he’s gotten some BIG rebounds namely USC... no one else on the floor could get one USC got like 3 shots up. Please

Reaction Score
This is a list of how many minutes of court time each player (this year's games only) goes between rebounds. (avg minutes per game /avg rebounds per game)
Obviously, a couple of these guys, the sample size is too small to be valid. Otherwise, we ain't playing Springs enough! (his # comes from 3 boards in 4 total minutes)

Cole 19.9
badams 10.2
Gaff 9.5
BOUK 6.2
Andre 5.5
polley 5.2
josh 3.6
whaley 3.4
Sanogo 3.2
Martin 3.15
Brown 2.0
Springs 1.3

Obviously, Martin is our best rebounder. Cole may be allergic to rebounding. Polley's size says he should be compared to the bigs, but his game is on the perimeter, so hybrid?
Very good data. The Martin stat definitely aligns with the eye test. Impressive actually. Polley lines up sorta where you'd expect. With the guards. But leading the guards. Maybe you could argue his number should be in the 4s.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He’s a point guard. He won’t get offensive boards because he’s the guy who needs to stop transition attacks. If you’ve realized from the games, Cole in DePaul was back in transition D and drew a charge to get the ball back.
Also he’s gotten some BIG rebounds namely USC... no one else on the floor could get one USC got like 3 shots up. Please
So is Gaffney 9.5
So was Gilbert 7.8
So was Bazz 8.6
So was Rickey Moore 10.1
So was Taliek 9.1

19.9 is indicative of more than position.

Reaction Score
We have a very good defensive team that has a superstar on offense and then a bunch of good players that can have nights where they step up or nights where they don't do much. I think because of that, the formula for success is going to change every night. Martin was the guy that stepped up against DePaul, Whaley/Polley against Marquette, Carlton was that dude against USC, etc.
Its funny though because if i had never seen Uconn play id of thought Polley was the guy and easily one of the best players in the country. I really wonder what hes capable of doing consistently. Is he a 15-5 a night guy? Or is he a guy thatll just be an on or off player? If he is the ladder this team becomes a serious problem for the rest of the big east and come tourney time with the way this team is rebounds and is starting to play defense you dont want to see them in your region if youre among the top seeds.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I can't believe we're arguing about Polleys rebounding. Imagine Martin is the 4 in that lineup, rebounding isn't an issue. Making sure our offense doesn't drag until 12 minutes in is a bigger priority.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I can't believe we're arguing about Polleys rebounding. Imagine Martin is the 4 in that lineup, rebounding isn't an issue. Making sure our offense doesn't drag until 12 minutes in is a bigger priority.
We've moved past that. Now we're arguing about Cole's rebounding.<G>
It's the Boneyard. Disagreeing is what we do. And we're passionate about it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom