OT: - Cole Anthony might be good | The Boneyard

OT: Cole Anthony might be good

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Record breaking debut, and not against a cupcake - This was a tough game and a battle throughout. I didn't get to watch it, but his numbers are impressive: 34 points, 11 boards and 5 dimes. He's nawt bad!

He got a ton of hype with his rankings, etc., but I think some people were doubting his ability to take over as a stud right away. Maybe he doesn't "look" explosive in his game, maybe he isn't SUPER flashy ... I'm not sure the exact reasons. Maybe people just like to try to poke holes in guys that are getting tons of hype. But he obviously can hoop!

He's got that smooth yet herky jerky game I love in a PG, he just always looks in control. Much like a certain #13 I love watching, but add a bunch of height and strength.

Edit: missed putting "OT" here - mods please fix!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cole's dad is the TNT analyst Greg Anthony. Greg was the PG on those loaded UNLV teams in the early 90's and had a decent run in the NBA. Good stock to come from.

Reaction Score
The kid knows how to play. It isn't just about athleticism. Obviously you can't be 5'2" with a 12" vertical but skills and the mental stuff matter just as much once you get above a certain height and level of athleticism. People forget that. He played in the same holiday tournament as my son. He was a freshman at the time. We had some local kids (juniors and seniors) that thought they were studs. He destroyed them.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Cole's dad is the TNT analyst Greg Anthony. Greg was the PG on those loaded UNLV teams in the early 90's and had a decent run in the NBA. Good stock to come from.

Ya Greg Anthony could really play ... and he was a lefty ... the main problem I have with Cole is he is NOT a lefty like poppa.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ya Greg Anthony could really play ... and he was a lefty ... the main problem I have with Cole is he is NOT a lefty like poppa.
Main problem?
The kid is a stud
Would look great in a UConn jersey

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
A stud prospect in Roy’s Pg friendly system is a good combination.

This draft could end up being better than people thought. Especially if Edwards gets in shape (I read on espn+ he was out of shape for some of the events).

But it’s suppsoedly a very pg heavy draft too.

Reaction Score
Trae Young, Ja Morant, and this year Cole Anthony.

This will be one of the best 3 year runs that we ever see for superstar college guards turned NBA stars.

There are great college guards that get drafted every year, but these 3 are different.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Main problem?
The kid is a stud
Would look great in a UConn jersey

I started the thread about how good he is, so obviously I'm being facetious. I love lefties, and I liked his old man quite a bit as a player.

the Q

Reaction Score

This will be one of the best 3 year runs that we ever see for superstar college guards turned NBA stars.

There are great college guards that get drafted every year, but these 3 are different.

ill take 2009-11

harden and curry
John Wall (injuries hurt him for sure)
Kyrie and kemba

Reaction Score
ill take 2009-11

harden and curry
Kyrie and kemba
This is a really good call. I always think Curry left after Davidson’s Elite 8 run in ‘08, which would have meant a year in between Curry and Wall, but he came back for his junior year. Wild 3 year stretch here too.

Reaction Score
Not news to me, I’m surprised anyone is surprised. Saw him play two years ago and was the best player I have EVER seen. Kept telling a coworker of mine, wait til you see him play.

the Q

Reaction Score
ill take 2009-11

harden and curry
Kyrie and kemba

2008-10 inserts Westbrook hill and rose and take out kyrie and Kemba

insane opportunities

Reaction Score

And Doncic is better than all of them.

Reaction Score
2008-10 inserts Westbrook hill and rose and take out kyrie and Kemba

insane opportunities
Yeah Rose was a really memorable one too.

Westbrook ended up awesome, but didn’t have close to the star power in college that Rose, Wall, Kemba, Young, or Ja did. I would put Harden in the same boat. Harden himself was insane in college too, but just didn’t get the traction nationally that these guys had.

the Q

Reaction Score
Yeah Rose was a really memorable one too.

Westbrook ended up awesome, but didn’t have close to the star power in college that Rose, Wall, Kemba, Young, or Ja did. I would put Harden in the same boat. Harden himself was insane in college too, but just didn’t get the traction nationally that these guys had.

that’s because asu was irrelevant.

Westbrook was never the best player on his own college team.

but if you’re gonna see the trio you mentioned topping any of these combos, that is a ridiculous feat.

hell If they reach 06-08 levels it would be great.

lowry
Conley
Rose hill and Westbrook

again not the star power in college, just the end result.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom