Cody zeller | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cody zeller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also a born and raised Hoosier I agree with most of this except as insufferable as the IU fanbase has become , like seriously every loss is Tom Creans fault as if he didnt rebuild that program from scratch, the majority are not fair weather they were still selling out Assembly Hall when they were the doormat On Zeller hes never been physical hes Pau Gasol (ceiling) or hes just another Zeller (see Tyler and Luke)

Cody is obviously more skilled than Luke & Tyler. Last I checked, Tyler is an up & comer with Cleveland. Luke was a recent cut with Phoenix. Cody is an NBA player. He's not a star but he runs the floor well, hussles & can do some positive things on offense. I give him credit, he doesn't run his mouth. None of the hype around him is created by him or his family. At the end of the day, he's still 20 yo, and a legitimate 6'11" with good athletic abilities. I think he's not thinking of the NBA Draft, only getting better. No need to hate on this kid.

Reaction Score
Also a born and raised Hoosier I agree with most of this except as insufferable as the IU fanbase has become , like seriously every loss is Tom Creans fault as if he didnt rebuild that program from scratch, the majority are not fair weather they were still selling out Assembly Hall when they were the doormat On Zeller hes never been physical hes Pau Gasol (ceiling) or hes just another Zeller (see Tyler and Luke)
Gasol has been one of the best big men in the world for the past decade, C Zeller has no chance of being anywhere near that. I honestly don't even see what makes him a better prospect than T Zeller.

Reaction Score
Codys highly skilled athletic and he can shoot he doesnt shoot a lot of jumpers with IU but having watched him dominate high school ball for 4 years he has all the tools I was just saying hes never been physical but he will be a good pro i think Gasol is his ceiling obviously Gasols a great big man Codys got a long way to get there Actually I like the Troy Murphy comparison another poster mentioned. Cody has at least one probably 2 more years at IU so he will only get better and like another poster said theres no reason to hate on Cody Zeller i wish college basketball had more Cody Zellers and fewer Shabazz Muhammed and Marshall Hendersons

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Zeller is more actor than player. He makes exaggerated reactions to any contact and then cries to the refs until they put him on the line.

Reaction Score

If Wiki is accurate, Indiana didnt have a single sellout during the 2010-2011 season. 6000-7000 empty seats for many of those games. 14,883 vs #2 Ohio St. I'm not really picking on you, but it does make me feel better about our attendance this year being inelig for the postseason!

Reaction Score
If Wiki is accurate, Indiana didnt have a single sellout during the 2010-2011 season. 6000-7000 empty seats for many of those games. 14,883 vs #2 Ohio St. I'm not really picking on you, but it does make me feel better about our attendance this year being inelig for the postseason!

Yeah, Gampel is still smaller though, so what's your point? The Michigan Indiana game was sold out...tickets were being scalped for 10-50x the face value (I heard someone paying $500 for one ticket).

(Have we sold out a game at XL recently?)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Basically, the kid is young and still trying to hone his skill level. when you are over 6'6" in high school you really dont have to be tough unless you play in a hard core inner city school league and I don't think that was the case. any kid close to 7' in a high profile school is going to attract attention, ala Thabeet. How many UCONN fans said Thabeet was soft? Zeller has more offensive skills than Thabeet. Zeller is not pro ready but will get drafted as a project. He runs the floor really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom