Cody Endres? | The Boneyard

Cody Endres?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wonder what season would of been like with Cody Endres at the helm?

Reaction Score
The team would have gone up in smoke and PP would have been forced to stir the pot at QB.

Reaction Score
Well - I don't know about you but here's his stat line for the year:

11 Games Played
220/374 (58.8% completion)
2551 yards
21 TD
18 INT
1 Rush TD

Johnny Mac:
172/335 (51.3% completion)
2110 yards
12 TD
8 INT

If you ask me...considering the level of opponent Endres was playing versus Johnny Mac, the difference would have been negligible.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you ask me...considering the level of opponent Endres was playing versus Johnny Mac, the difference would have been negligible.

Endres apparently isn't the only one on drugs.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Endres beat the BCS bowl bound Bearcats in 2008, as a first year starter. What did JMac do against the BCS bound mountaineers this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Endres beat the BCS bowl bound Bearcats in 2008, as a first year starter. What did JMac do against the BCS bound mountaineers this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone told me the other day...transitivity doesn't apply to sports. :p

Reaction Score
Endres apparently isn't the only one on drugs.

Are you seriously telling me that you believe our passing attack was going to be significantly better? I cannot believe that. Cody Endres always had a problem of holding onto the ball too long. Our OL this year was more porous than a sponge. Just like JMac, Cody Endres would have been sacked multiple times. I truly believe there would not have been much of a difference.

Reaction Score
If you don't think college kids smoke pot, you haven't been to college.

Cody made a mistake. So did Edsall by playing Frazer ahead of him. And Cody would have gotten us to a bowl.

Bottom line, it all water under the bridge.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you seriously telling me that you believe our passing attack was going to be significantly better? I cannot believe that. Cody Endres always had a problem of holding onto the ball too long. Our OL this year was more porous than a sponge. Just like JMac, Cody Endres would have been sacked multiple times. I truly believe there would not have been much of a difference.

Endres beat Baylor at Baylor. Endres didn't have an offensive system that produced open receivers left and right. JMac never reached Endres level of play. Endres would have been better last year than he was before. But pal is right, water under the bridge.

Reaction Score
Endres beat Baylor at Baylor. Endres didn't have an offensive system that produced open receivers left and right. JMac never reached Endres level of play. Endres would have been better last year than he was before. But pal is right, water under the bridge.

Yeah...he beat an insanely bad Baylor team. Just because RGIII won the Heisman this year does not mean that Baylor's defense was good in the past. It in fact wasn't...and really still isn't...because without RGIII's superhuman efforts, Baylor would be sitting home this holiday for yet another bowlless season.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We'd likely be going to a bowl. That's about all that'd be different. Endres would have likely had a handful more positive plays and a handful fewer negative plays. We would have also seen a lot less of the wildcat package with a senior pro-set QB. So it might have been a wash. Of course, if PP doesn't call the 3rd and long pass late vs. Vandy or adjusts the pass coverage late vs. Western Michigan we'd also be going bowling. For as dissapointing as the QB production was this year, I didn't once think about Endres or Box. I did on a few occassions think that Zach Frazer was underappreciated.

Reaction Score
Yeah...he beat an insanely bad Baylor team. Just because RGIII won the Heisman this year does not mean that Baylor's defense was good in the past. It in fact wasn't...and really still isn't...because without RGIII's superhuman efforts, Baylor would be sitting home this holiday for yet another bowlless season.

You are nuts. Endres is a MUCH better QB than JM. Not even close IMHO.

As others have noted, water under the bridge, but if we had Endres this year we are playing in a bowl game.

Reaction Score
You are nuts. Endres is a MUCH better QB than JM. Not even close IMHO.

As others have noted, water under the bridge, but if we had Endres this year we are playing in a bowl game.

I'd normally agree with you - but don't you think that 18 INTs in Div II is a little eye-popping?

Reaction Score
My sigh count significantly lower, while my annoyed grunts are the same. :)

Reaction Score
18 Ints in DII does make one raise an eyebrow but unless you have seen the games you cant be sure why he threw so many picks. Bad coaching schemes, bad blocking on Oline, balls going off Wrs hands and Wrs running the wrong routes could all create ints that arent the qb's fault.

Seeing Cody at uconn you have to believe that there would have been a difference in our offense especially early in the season. Good qb play could have easily turned Vandy, ISU and WMU to W's and were probably playing in Yankee stadium this december rather than sitting at home. But its been pointed out that its all speculation and hopefully were better off with CC or MN in the long run.

Reaction Score
Pretty tough to tell, in my opinion. He didn't exactly tear it up in D-2. And I think it is pretty clear the kid lacked self discipline. I mean he knew he was going to be tested after the initial offense. that is the policy and it is in black and while, yet he got caught 2 more times. Oy! Of ocurse it was Edsall's fault for giving the starting job to Frazer, right pal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom