Cochran in Fairfield County??? | The Boneyard

Cochran in Fairfield County???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
C'mon with the Fairfield County stuff - It's Bridgeport! ;) (yes I do know what county BPT is in)

Love him or hate him he will get them competitive fast.

I know he will. We played against Harding two straight years and they never scored on us. They were terrible.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
People may not like Jack but he can coach and the kids love him. He will do well at a school that hasn't been a powerhouse in decades

Reaction Score
Scared the shiite out of me when I saw the headline. Thought for sure he was meeting with Burton and Schenkman and working out contract details

Reaction Score
I know he will. We played against Harding two straight years and they never scored on us. They were terrible.
Better get Harding now because JC will have them a powerhouse pretty darn quick. The man is guilty of some things (preens along the sideline like he's a peacock) but he coaches the heck out of his kids. The 50 point rule, the criticism for him running up the scores? I've seen him coach third string and JV players (when they DID get into these games) like they were playing for the state championship. And that was a big problem, he never stopped coaching or demanding that his kids played hard and the losers on the other sideline confused that with his failure to not "run up the score".

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Better get Harding now because JC will have them a powerhouse pretty darn quick. The man is guilty of some things (preens along the sideline like he's a peacock) but he coaches the heck out of his kids. The 50 point rule, the criticism for him running up the scores? I've seen him coach third string and JV players (when they DID get into these games) like they were playing for the state championship. And that was a big problem, he never stopped coaching or demanding that his kids played hard and the losers on the other sideline confused that with his failure to not "run up the score".

We played Harding in 99 and 2000. I have no idea how they've fared since. I always thought that Cochran could cement his legacy if he ever found a gig in FC.

Reaction Score
I just saw this and my jaw dropped. Never thought he would coach down here.

http://sportzedge.com/2013/09/11/harding-wins-in-coach-jack-cochrans-debut/

Harding is about to become the next Connecticut Powerhouse football program. Would have prefered to see him at Bpt Central because it is a much bigger school...but he is about to work wonders with those kids at Harding. Happy to see this guy back in coaching. I love him as a coach, we need more guys like him in Bridgeport, Hartford, Norwalk, Stamford, New Britain, Waterbury, New Haven, etc. When he was coaching Hartford and New Britain kids were getting college scholarships...how many of those kids are getting scholarships these days. For all of his faults he did A TON for a large number of under privledged kids.

He's in the right place. At Harding they will look at how many of his students athletes went onto college...not how many times he ran up the score of who he might have offended.

Reaction Score
The guy can coach.

Met him at the spring game tailgate and he was a very nice fellow. His players may feel differently.

Reaction Score
I don't think the big gripe against him is his teams running up the score. I think most agree that is a ridiculous rule.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I would love to see UConn give him a coaching position, not head coach. He's got some baggage, but he wins everywhere.

Reaction Score
Lrock is right. He does wonders for the kids but knowing guys that played for him and coaches alongside of him, you hear things that just leave you shaking your head. Stuff that just leaves gout saying this dude ain't a good person. But when it comes to coaching, developing, and sending kids to college, he has no peer in CT.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
We played Harding in 99 and 2000. I have no idea how they've fared since. I always thought that Cochran could cement his legacy if he ever found a gig in FC.

His legacy is set in stone, but this would add to it for sure.

Reaction Score

His task is daunting; but other FCIAC programs are attempting to help with things like equipment. He's beating the streets for players with what seems like moderate success. No meeting rooms, beat-up field that's hard to schedule, stadium in disrepair, no real weight training facility or room; I mean every problem possible. I've never been a big fan, but my hats off to him for taking this on.

Reaction Score

If you aren't playing to win, you're playing to lose.

Reaction Score

Point of order. There's only one JC here and I'm not talking about the the guy from Latin America.

Reaction Score
Went to a coaching clinic where Jack was a speaker. It was immediatly apparent that he had the success he has due to well thought out schemes and preparation. As someone who was 20 years past playing the game he also had the presence that you just knew got everyone going in the same direction. There was no doubt he would get the most out of you, get his point across and do it in a simple way that you could easily understand. Man I hope our next coach has this and isn't just a CEO type.

Reaction Score
Harding is about to become the next Connecticut Powerhouse football program. At Harding they will look at how many of his students athletes went onto college...not how many times he ran up the score of who he might have offended.
Sure, but it also will be great for Harding to rise up and knock the piss out of some Gold Coast schools and a few of their whiny, participation trophy award players. )

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Sure, but it also will be great for Harding to rise up and knock the piss out of some Gold Coast schools and a few of their whiny, participation trophy award players. )
LOL, right!

though they will have to pass some new rules each year to keep him down, which he will have to overcome... a vicious circle really. :)

Reaction Score
This ain't the Gold Coast anymore. There's curb work where the old and new curbs do not match up, at all. I am in disbelief.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

He's not knocking off Greenwich, Staples and New Canaan in the same year. Maybe one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom