Cobb has to be our creator for the remainder of the season | The Boneyard

Cobb has to be our creator for the remainder of the season

Reaction Score
With Adams and Gilbert out we have no ball handlers that can create consistently. Smith is better at dribbling around and surveying than actually creating, B Adams is obviously not ready yet, and Vital is just not a very good ball handler. When Cobb gets touches or catches in the paint or foul line area he finds people. He has excellent skills and vision. Wilson and Polley can get a lot of free points by cutting when Cobb has the ball.

If you think about it, he’s been so misused (last year especially), but even this year, as well. I get that Hurley is trying to develop Carlton, and he’s doing a good job of it.

But I really think it’s tome to make adjustments to keep Cobb on the court, whether that’s playing zone so Cobb can possibly play with another big like Carlton or giving him more touches at the top of the key so Cobb can create....let’s use this weapon.

And before it gets brought up, yes I know he isn’t a good defender. But we need to gameplan around that as best as possible.

Reaction Score
He is impressive when he leads the fast break, a point guard trapped inside a power forwards body. I wish Hurley had him for another season of development. He can be a pro somewhere as long as he stays in shape.

Reaction Score
Well there’s a thread title I never thought I’d see.

To clarify, I obviously don’t mean Cobb should be bringing the ball up the court. But when he gets touches he’s always looking for his teammates and is capable of finding them in the right spots. Give him more playing time and touches and he will CREATE

Reaction Score
With Adams and Gilbert out we have no ball handlers that can create consistently. Smith is better at dribbling around and surveying than actually creating, B Adams is obviously not ready yet, and Vital is just not a very good ball handler. When Cobb gets touches or catches in the paint or foul line area he finds people. He has excellent skills and vision. Wilson and Polley can get a lot of free points by cutting when Cobb has the ball.

If you think about it, he’s been so misused (last year especially), but even this year, as well. I get that Hurley is trying to develop Carlton, and he’s doing a good job of it.

But I really think it’s tome to make adjustments to keep Cobb on the court, whether that’s playing zone so Cobb can possibly play with another big like Carlton or giving him more touches at the top of the key so Cobb can create....let’s use this weapon.

And before it gets brought up, yes I know he isn’t a good defender. But we need to gameplan around that as best as possible.
I'd love to see Polley, Cobb, Carlton, Smith, and Vital with Wilson first off the bench.

Reaction Score
To clarify, I obviously don’t mean Cobb should be bringing the ball up the court. But when he gets touches he’s always looking for his teammates and is capable of finding them in the right spots. Give him more playing time and touches and he will CREATE
One bright spot this year is when they've played through the bigs some good things have happened. We just hadn't done enough of it when Adams and Gilbert were healthy.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I wish he had another year of eligibility too. It would be great to see Hurley get him for another year. He really worked hard at getting in shape and he has some natural talent.

Reaction Score
At the start of the season, he had those strong back-to-back games against Syracuse and Iowa, then Hurley inexplicably sat him for most of the Cornell, New Hampshire and UMass-Lowell games. When he played 20+ minutes the next game against Arizona, he had another strong game. I wish he had gotten more consistent playing time this year because his net impact, even accounting for his substandard defense, has been positive on the team.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Cobb has always had good court vision. It’s a shame he can’t put complete games together consistently, because he has always had a useful tool set.

If he could have just learned to play defense, he'd be on the court long enough to be consistent. Shame he hasn't for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
At the start of the season, he had those strong back-to-back games against Syracuse and Iowa, then Hurley inexplicably sat him for most of the Cornell, New Hampshire and UMass-Lowell games. When he played 20+ minutes the next game against Arizona, he had another strong game. I wish he had gotten more consistent playing time this year because his net impact, even accounting for his substandard defense, has been positive on the team.

You don't play D, you don't play. Simple as that.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If he played 25 minutes per game all season he’d be averaging about 9ppg 7rpg 4apg. He’d also be averaging 5 fouls 6 TOs and he giving up 10 more points as a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom