CoachingSearch.com shenanigans... | The Boneyard

CoachingSearch.com shenanigans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UCONN: A source close to the situation tells me that the UCONN job is not going to Pete Lembo. UCONN athletic director Warde Manuel has something up his sleeve. The job offer has been extended, per source. It will be interesting to see if Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco is the guy.

Here's what written in their ticker....

The italicized text was not in the original ticker update until after it became clear Diaco was the guy - it was edited it. Looks to me like someone wanted to pretty up their timeline so they didn't appear to be completely blindsided.

Tsk, tsk.

Reaction Score
UCONN: A source close to the situation tells me that the UCONN job is not going to Pete Lembo. UCONN athletic director Warde Manuel has something up his sleeve. The job offer has been extended, per source. It will be interesting to see if Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco is the guy.

Here's what written in their ticker....

The italicized text was not in the original ticker update until after it became clear Diaco was the guy - it was edited it. Looks to me like someone wanted to pretty up their timeline so they didn't appear to be completely blindsided.

Tsk, tsk.

Additionally...why would he have told us that the job is NOT going to Pete Lembo unless he had informed us, or at least implied that it was earlier? I can't find anything to substantiate that he did...but why would he ever have a need to tell us who the job is NOT going to??

Reaction Score
Additionally...why would he have told us that the job is NOT going to Pete Lembo unless he had informed us, or at least implied that it was earlier? I can't find anything to substantiate that he did...but why would he ever have a need to tell us who the job is NOT going to??
Cause he never had a source just driving hits on the interweb....which btw, tom and fishy should thank warde for

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He was doing well - he tweeted that UConn had its man (they did) and that he would be surprised if it was not Lembo. (He was just expressing an opinion.) Then, he tweeted that it was not Lembo. (A good update.)

All that was good - he even had the first mention I saw regarding the Narduzzi rejection this morning. I just found it cheesy that he's going to pretty up the corpse on his ticker timeline by editing in a sentence that was not originally there.

Contrast that with the UConn beat writers who were really nothing more than bystanders from start to finish.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Contrast that with the UConn beat writers who were really nothing more than bystanders from start to finish.

I know that I'm in the minority on this, but I actually appreciate the fact that the UConn beat writers were bystanders until there was something concrete to report (the Courant article has been written and up on the website for about an hour now).

I hate this new world of second-by-second reporting of rumor and circumstance. It's ridiculous. It leads to things like "Lembo is the new coach of UConn". So long as the beat writers can respond within an hour or two, with verifying sources, that's plenty fast enough for me...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I know that I'm in the minority on this, but I actually appreciate the fact that the UConn beat writers were bystanders until there was something concrete to report (the Courant article has been written and up on the website for about an hour now).

I hate this new world of second-by-second reporting of rumor and circumstance. It's ridiculous. It leads to things like "Lembo is the new coach of UConn". So long as the beat writers can respond within an hour or two, with verifying sources, that's plenty fast enough for me...
I'm still waiting for our beat writers to get the inside story of how Louisville took our spot in the ACC. They seem content to believe we never had a chance from the get go, so why ask around?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I think you are missing the bigger picture which is that UConn beat writers have zero moles inside the UConn athletic dept. right now.

Believe me this, the Horde would have been all over breaking this story if they had any insight.

Warde weeding out sources inside the AD has been a strong indicator of someone who has the pulse of his employees.

Reaction Score
He was doing well - he tweeted that UConn had its man (they did) and that he would be surprised if it was not Lembo. (He was just expressing an opinion.) Then, he tweeted that it was not Lembo. (A good update.)

All that was good - he even had the first mention I saw regarding the Narduzzi rejection this morning. I just found it cheesy that he's going to pretty up the corpse on his ticker timeline by editing in a sentence that was not originally there.

So true about UConn's beat writers Fishy...where were they?? This is what had me saying earlier that I think the leak of the Narduzzi "rejection" over assistants salaries came from the MSU/Narduzzi camp and not ours. Otherwise the UConn boys would have been all over it.

As for the editing by coachingsearch.com, it sure seems to be a move to save face and designed to build a favorable opinion of him...AFTER the fact. It kind of reminds me of the crystal ball guys on 24/7. When news of a recruit's school choice starts racing through the writers smart phones, those in the know then shift their picks to the recruit's school of choice...too funny! lol

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I think you are missing the bigger picture which is that UConn beat writers have zero moles inside the UConn athletic dept. right now.

Believe me this, the Horde would have been all over breaking this story if they had any insight.

Warde weeding out sources inside the AD has been a strong indicator of someone who has the pulse of his employees.

I believe that Jacobs was somewhere in the melee, tweeting something to the effect of "It's not Lembo, but something hot is shaking up." Dez is the one that wrote up the report on the Courant website. So it's not like these guys aren't being made aware of the situation by someone in the administration.

As to how McMurpy beat them to the Twitter punch? I haven't the slightest clue. But it's not important to me. What's important is that the story is accurate and within a reasonable timeframe. To me, within the hour is more than a reasonable timeframe...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I believe that Jacobs was somewhere in the melee, tweeting something to the effect of "It's not Lembo, but something hot is shaking up." Dez is the one that wrote up the report on the Courant website. So it's not like these guys aren't being made aware of the situation by someone in the administration.

No - they were nowhere.

Jacobs posted what he did after Roussel did. I'm probably the only member of the Jeff Jacob's Boneyard Fan Club and I give him a pass - he's a columnist and it's not his job to chase this sort of thing down.

Forget Dez Connor - he was in space talking about Lembo when some of us here already knew it was Diaco. (Prior to McMurphy.) And, as of this moment, his write-up in the Courant contains exactly no information past the headline. I don't generally pay a lot of attention to most of the beat writers and I don't get the piling onto Dez Connor - but I did pay attention to him during the coaching search and there wasn't much happening there.

Last edited:

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
The Courant Beat Writers are nothing more then presenters of other peoples information. They became CP apologists and Dez was a homer from his time at SU. There is no real reporters anymore when a high school kid can get more information on recruits using social media then our two main reporters for the state newspaper. Really how hard is it to do some actual digging to get news anymore. Dez and other have made this Herculean task an art form of malaise and ineptitude. I don't even go to their page anymore. Boneyard or bust! They refused to hear the fan when switching over to new controls for posting and now they are just shells of reporters.

Reaction Score
I especially loved the mini panic attack on twitter when the Narduzzi news broke on the Michigan State site and stated it was from "UConn sources". Get info from UConn? Sources inside? How can this be? We can't do that!
  1. Kevin Duffy ‏@KevinRDuffy 8h
    @desmondconner @jacobscourant It makes absolutely no sense. They have no contacts there. They have to be lying about their source of info.

2. 1:19 PM - 11 Dec 13 from Middletown, CT · Details
    Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 8h
    @KevinRDuffy @jacobscourant sounds like protecting where they really got it from. Shoot we cover #UConn and can't get that much detail #Bull
Shoot! Gosh dang it! This reporting stuff is hard!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Someone from UConn has probably been emailing Dez inside info the entire process. Dez blocked them a while back though for asking a hard question in a chat so he hasn't been getting them.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
No - they were nowhere.

Jacobs posted what he did after Roussel did. I'm probably the only member of the Jeff Jacob's Boneyard Fan Club and I give him a pass - he's a columnist and it's not his job to chase this sort of thing down.

Forget Dez Connor - he was in space talking about Lembo when some of us here already knew it was Diaco. (Prior to McMurphy.) And, as of this moment, his write-up in the Courant contains exactly no information past the headline. I don't generally pay a lot of attention to most of the beat writers and I don't get the piling onto Dez Connor - but I did pay attention to him during the coaching search and there wasn't much happening there.

So then I suppose you prefer Roussel and the "shenanigans" versus being an hour late to the party and not having to falsify information or retract things. That's fine. Enjoy it.

I'd much rather have factual information delivered to me than misinformation and after-the-fact corrections to ridiculous tweets....that's all I'm saying...

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for our beat writers to get the inside story of how Louisville took our spot in the ACC. They seem content to believe we never had a chance from the get go, so why ask around?
Well, these are the same guys who think UConn had no talent when Pasqualoni arrived on the scene...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom