Coaching | The Boneyard

Coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So what do you propose is done about it?

Reaction Score
Bring the hate but the coaching staff is just not getting it done this year. Just don't see it.
Even the announcers indicate in their conversation that Brima's free throw motion is awkward and incorrect - needs help and coaching badly. This from Bob Knight.

Reaction Score
We never look any better. Coaches get teams to incrementally play better.
I totally agree that this team hasn't shown any improvement. If anything, they have gotten worse.

Reaction Score
Too much talent? you sir are a joke. This team has 3 high DI talent... This isn't Fairfield.
Yeah. There is no talent on this team. Bunch of nobodies out there. No theses kids were all good recruits. They aren't playing better together. I wish it was a joke turd.

Reaction Score
I dont think i can watch any more games this year, its so hard. No oneecer looks like theyre having fun unlike last year, this team just doesnt have good vibes at all

Reaction Score
I totally agree that this team hasn't shown any improvement. If anything, they have gotten worse.

They have gotten worse.

This program also can't seem to navigate a regular season schedule anymore. The 2011 team had no business finishing 9th in the Big East and the 2014 team finished 5th in a league with 5 good teams. So 2 teams who won the National Championship performed as badly as they could have in the regular season those years.

Now this program cannot manage an AAC regular season schedule in a league of no ranked opponents. It's a disgrace. Something is going wrong somewhere. Unbelievably they cannot seem to prepare them for an November-March grind. I can't even imagine what would happen to this program playing in the old Big East or ACC playing against ranked competition every game.

Reaction Score
the only thing I'll say against the coaching so far, is that we are absolutely clueless on offense against a 2-3 zone, and have been for awhile now, especially tonight.

Reaction Score
It's hard to watch. Love Brimah. Feel bad for Boat. Right now DeAndre looks like he made a great call.

Reaction Score
dtrumpet said:
the only thing I'll say against the coaching so far, is that we are absolutely clueless on offense against a 2-3 zone, and have been for awhile now, especially tonight.

We have been infinitely better many nights than many previous years...lots of short memories around here. We are young and just have clearly not progressed as much as we've all expected.

Reaction Score

We have played okay against the 2-3 tonight. It hasn't been pretty but we have done a pretty decent job of getting looks in the paint. I think that one of our problems has been we are just looking to shoot the long jump shot rather than making quick passes, setting a screen on the zone, or running different looks at the defense.

Reaction Score
Tough season, but this is an incredibly young team except for Boatright. I'm 100% behind this coaching staff, and our banner from last year gives me all the confidence in the world

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I do wish UCONN had a better big man coach. I think there is talent there that is improving but it could be better imho.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They have gotten worse.

This program also can't seem to navigate a regular season schedule anymore. The 2011 team had no business finishing 9th in the Big East and the 2014 team finished 5th in a league with 5 good teams. So 2 teams who won the National Championship performed as badly as they could have in the regular season those years.

Now this program cannot manage an AAC regular season schedule in a league of no ranked opponents. It's a disgrace. Something is going wrong somewhere. Unbelievably they cannot seem to prepare them for an November-March grind. I can't even imagine what would happen to this program playing in the old Big East or ACC playing against ranked competition every game.

I don't understand all this chatter. Look what we lost last year - Bazz, Giffs, DD, Kromah - all upper class players with experience.
Look what we are left with Boat (senior) and a bunch who have little (year or less) or no experience playing D1
So all the naysayers think it's easy to turn the switch on
Cincy starts 3 jrs and 2 sophs

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The recruiting is not up to snuff. Adams and Enosch are good, but their entire strategy is a disorganized mess.

Oh, now they're going after a second guard for 2015-16...its January 2015.

Reaction Score
Even the announcers indicate in their conversation that Brima's free throw motion is awkward and incorrect - needs help and coaching badly. This from Bob Knight.

And Bobby is THE authority? On throwing chairs and push ups. Bobby please tell me again, and again and again about the push ups. You are sooo brilliant, Bobby.

Sans Boat our problem is youth, lack of execution on both ends, and poor to no BB IQ.

There is no half court movement, no one has a handle. Again, sans Boat, no one can create for himself, and you can't win games with 17 TO very often.

So all of a sudden, all our coaches forgot how to coach? Please!

More likely this is both a lack of horses....
when the ones we have are lead to water ..... they won't/can't drink!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC