Coaching staff considered the transfer market, but values team's continuity | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaching staff considered the transfer market, but values team's continuity

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This season is a non issue. Both Cole and Martin were transfers last year, so I don't think we can call Hurley anti-transfer. He will get them when they are needed. But transfers tend to only go where they are needed and will play, nobody was really coming in to crack this lineup anyway. And if they did, someone else might not be here.

Reaction Score
Same few posters who always seem to rail on Hurley for not taking transfers every time this topic comes up. I for one am very happy with how he's building this program, figured after the week all the recruits we're after just had at Peach Jam people would trust him but I should know better by now

Reaction Score
repeating myself ... but both Cole and Martin are kids Hurley and staff had lots of experience with before they came as transfers. That, I believe, speaks loudly as to philosophy

some guys, Musselman - Oats, seem to just feel their way better with this kind of Program. I doubt that will ever be Hurley

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The board had a lot of interest in Kadary, but did the staff?

None.

I think there's a reason we had a small staff shakeup. It's the whiff on the transfer market when we have ZERO shot creators and limited shooting in the program coming back. Hurley will get it fixed. This is a save face kind of stance type article.

Nope.

Reaction Score
I think there's a reason we had a small staff shakeup. It's the whiff on the transfer market when we have ZERO shot creators and limited shooting in the program coming back. Hurley will get it fixed. This is a save face kind of stance type article.

Posts like this are the worst, honestly. Bending reality to fit an invented narrative.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have no problem with sitting tight with the team Hurley has. At least he didn't do anything stupid like trashing transfer players because reasons, like our football coach did.

Reaction Score
Multiple zoom calls between staff and Locke, national recruiting analysts & the actual boneyard insiders said we were after him hard. Could be wrong but I think even a beat writer or two wrote about the interest. It was well documented.
The Locke recruitment also took place before we knew Polley was coming back. Seems like we may have really wanted him at one point, but then took our foot off the gas a bit once we felt chances were good Polley was coming back. Not saying that's what definitely happened, but it could have been a contributing factor.

Reaction Score
I think there's a bit of truth in both theories of the case. We did go hard after a couple guys and missed. But then we got back a couple super seniors, and we also had a chance at a couple guys we were borderline about and passed due to liking the roster as it was and not wanting to risk upheaving the apple cart. When in doubt, the staff leaned towards consistency and time in the system vs. the unknown sidegrade.

Reaction Score
Our roster is pretty strong, but "we thought about it, but we value continuity more" sounds an awful lot like "we tried, but struck out, and here's something we can say to feel better about it".
Definite cope

Reaction Score
Our roster is pretty strong, but "we thought about it, but we value continuity more" sounds an awful lot like "we tried, but struck out, and here's something we can say to feel better about it".
If they could’ve landed someone who had talent/upside that made sense to add to this roster, I’m sure they would have. At the same time, the few guys they prolly targeted went elsewhere. I’m glad they didn’t force adding someone, let the young guys develop and give them confidence. No better way to do that than to roll with all your own guys, it will pay off in the long term.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I think there's a bit of truth in both theories of the case. We did go hard after a couple guys and missed. But then we got back a couple super seniors, and we also had a chance at a couple guys we were borderline about and passed due to liking the roster as it was and not wanting to risk upheaving the apple cart. When in doubt, the staff leaned towards consistency and time in the system vs. the unknown sidegrade.
Hella of a spin.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You guys drink the kool-aid so easily. We were after numerous transfers very hard and missed on them all.

Not a bad thing for us, but cmon the spin on this is laughable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You guys drink the kool-aid so easily. We were after numerous transfers very hard and missed on them all.

Not a bad thing for us, but cmon the spin on this is laughable.
Link?

Reaction Score
Hella of a spin.
It's a balanced accounting. We missed on Locke and a couple other guys we kicked tires on, got back Polley and Whaley, and then subsequently decided against Rocket in favor of roster continuity and keeping recruits on board. All of the narratives are true.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Oh great. Not the 1st coverage of our recruiting activity in the portal. Now, let's move on. No need to continue to explain the outcome. The more explanations the weaker it sounds. If we are good with "continuity", stand on that, move forward and be ready to live with the results. In other words the portal is a non-issue this late in the date. I'd much rather read content on the progression of our roster in place at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom