Coaching search - fun or 'driving you nuts'? | The Boneyard

Coaching search - fun or 'driving you nuts'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In an 0-7 season all this coaching banter is at least throwing me an interest lifeline. Think Jeff J a bit off the mark here on this tweet

Sense the UConn football fan base is going to drive itself nuts with coaching rumors the next month. Fact? Fiction? Probably doesn't matter.

A few outliers on this board but overall think a fairly good job is done here separating fact/plausible (Mullen) from fiction/implausible (Nutt, Schiano).

Reaction Score
I would say its exciting, but at the same time, the guessing/wondering on who is going to get an interview drives you a little crazy.

Reaction Score
I mean it's all speculation and mostly pointless, but as Jimmy said... the alternative is talking about how truly awful we are. So. Given our options. I guess this is fine?

Reaction Score
The interest in UConn from big-name coaches gives the program a LOT of hope.

Reaction Score
Beats bad postings and threads and is decently awesome knowing there is interest at a high level.

Reaction Score
These threads are fun and important because they give Warde feedback on who the fan base generally likes (Lembo, Mullen, Darnuzzi etc) and generally doesn't like (Nutt, Schiano) not that Warde needs,wants, or uses the feedback, but he would be wise to use it as a sounding board.

If Hathaway had paid more attention to this forum last time P would have never been hired. We would have had McGee or Keeler either of whom would have been better than P if for no other reason they wouldn't have brought GDL with them and may have been smart enough to keep Moorhead as the OC and Foley as the line coach. P was never a popular choice in the Boneyard prior to his hiring. They also could have had McGee or Keeler for half the money they wasted on P.

Reaction Score
We would have had McGee or Keeler either of whom would have been better than P if for no other reason they wouldn't have brought GDL with them and may have been smart enough to keep Moorhead as the OC.

Speaking of McGee - this made me LOL this weekend.

jonsol
Nov 02, 3:20pm via Web
Wait, what???? Garrick McGee called a timeout when MTSU had none and at the 1-yard line and MTSU was frantic.

MTSU set up and kicked a game winning field goal w/ the timeout.

They need to run time management classes @ the AFCA Annual Conference (as long as it's NOT taught by the Madhatter).

Reaction Score
Speaking of McGee - this made me LOL this weekend.

jonsol
Nov 02, 3:20pm via Web
Wait, what???? Garrick McGee called a timeout when MTSU had none and at the 1-yard line and MTSU was frantic.

MTSU set up and kicked a game winning field goal w/ the timeout.

They need to run time management classes @ the AFCA Annual Conference (as long as it's NOT taught by the Madhatter).

McGee certainly has not distinguished himself at UAB. Not yet anyway.

That's the downside of the hot offensive coordinator with no head coaching experience. Better to go after the hot defensive coordinator who brings the fire to the sideline, it's more of a sure thing.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Like Jimmy and Irish Loop said, it sure as hell beats talking about the disaster on the field.....

Reaction Score
McGee certainly has not distinguished himself at UAB. Not yet anyway.

I guess that's part of the "fun" of coaching searches - people learn the names of coaches that most would have never even known existed.

Reaction Score
Butch,

which big name coaches have ALOT of interest in UCONN to give us hope....?

Reaction Score
Butch,

which big name coaches have ALOT of interest in UCONN to give us hope....?
You're aiming low. I want coaches who have interest in UConn who give us ALOT of hope.

Reaction Score
I want Pat Narduzzi (Michigan State DC). Number 1 defense in the country, excellent recruiter, from Connecticut. Young up and coming coach looking for a head coaching job. He is a high energy guy and I think he is a perfect fit for us.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Coaching searches and draft picks are always more exciting in the run-up.

Reaction Score
this is one of those times when I'm glad to have something else to focus on since the team is so bad, and it will be interesting to see how the search goes, who we end up with. on the other hand I'd much prefer to be 7-0 and discussing whether we should be in the BCS Championship game consideration over a 1 loss SEC team...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Coaching searches and draft picks are always more exciting in the run-up.

And recruiting.

Everyone is an All-American or an under-the-radar All-American on signing day.

Reaction Score
Tj weist for head coach. I say give him three years and see what he can do. His energy and work are on spot. Hope he can recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom