Coaching Search.com has learned that BGSU HC Dave Clawson is NOT in play at UConn. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaching Search.com has learned that BGSU HC Dave Clawson is NOT in play at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Disappointing, he was my first choice..I really think they have all their eggs in Narduzzis basket...Really think in the end it's going be Ambrose, I'm comfortable with all candidates...

Please no Ambrose, Morehead,Quinn, Nutt,Mazone,Magini (spelling) and I'm moderately ok with Lembo.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
So you'd rather be in the ACC stuck in mediocrity at Wake and not spend 3-5 years at UConn, win a few conference titles and go to a top tier bowl game or 2, THEN go to the P5?

There is zero way of knowing that UCONN will be invited to a P5 school. And I am assuming he believes he can win at Wake Forest.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
There is zero way of knowing that UCONN will be invited to a P5 school. And I am assuming he believes he can win at Wake Forest.
I think he meant that you could use UConn as a springboard to a higher paying job, not have UConn become a P5 school.

Reaction Score

I was talking about the coach winning at UConn and then he goes to a P5 school. If someone believes they can beat Clemson and FSU at Wake, then I don't want him. He's not too bright.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Grobe beat FSU at Wake.

Just 30-0. At Doak.

Reaction Score
Nothing against Wake, and a tip of the hat for Grobe, but how hard it is to win there?

Wake Forest started playing football in 1888.
Wake Forest has played in 10 bowls (6-4 record) in its history.
Since Peahead Walker left in 1950, Wake is 253-426-11. The last 12 coaches left with losing records.
They have had 13 winning seasons since 1960.
They have won more than 8 games TWICE since 1960.

Grobe's record at Wake Forest was 77-82. He took Wake to five bowl games in 13 years. He owned the 9 win season and the 11 win season.

"Jim Grobe's tenure at Wake Forest will go down as the greatest run of football success in school history," Athletic Director Ron Wellman said.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If it comes down to Ambrose just give it to TJ
If Ambrose is the guy, we're in for a long, hard next few years here in Huskyville. Not only building his name and brand of football at this level, but essentially re-building this program from the ground up.

Reaction Score
Nothing against Wake, and a tip of the hat for Grobe, but how hard it is to win there?

Wake Forest started playing football in 1888.
Wake Forest has played in 10 bowls (6-4 record) in its history.
Since Peahead Walker left in 1950, Wake is 253-426-11. The last 12 coaches left with losing records.
They have had 13 winning seasons since 1960.
They have won more than 8 games TWICE since 1960.

Grobe's record at Wake Forest was 77-82. He took Wake to five bowl games in 13 years. He owned the 9 win season and the 11 win season.

"Jim Grobe's tenure at Wake Forest will go down as the greatest run of football success in school history," Athletic Director Ron Wellman said.

Great summary Nim...and summarizes well just how difficult it will be for any incoming coach to be successful at Wake.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
If this is that UConn isn't interested in Clawson and not the other way around, that's kind of unbelievable that Warde and the Search Committee both think that Lembo is a better canidate than Clawson right now IMO.

Reaction Score
>>Bowling Green's Dave Clawson is interviewing for the Wake Forest head coaching vacancy, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Wake Forest officials planned to meet with Clawson in the Northwest Ohio area on Sunday afternoon.<<

Boise reached out as well... But no interview set up.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...wson-bowling-green-wake-forest/#ixzz2mvOLZUxT

Reported that after interviews with Clawson and Lembo, WAKE FOREST expected to make announcement on Monday (see attached)

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...ews-bowling-green-coach-dave-clawson/related/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom