Coaching Search.com has learned that BGSU HC Dave Clawson is NOT in play at UConn. | The Boneyard

Coaching Search.com has learned that BGSU HC Dave Clawson is NOT in play at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, there goes my preference guy. If true his loss.

Reaction Score
I take this as Clawson's agent threw out a baited line into the water hoping he could generate an interview for his client. He got no bites...just like what happened to K.C.Keeler when Edsall left.

Reaction Score
I take this as Clawson's agent threw out a baited line into the water hoping he could generate an interview for his client. He got no bites...just like what happened to K.C.Keeler when Edsall left.
Or he has good feeback on the Wake job. My guess.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I wonder which way this goes. Is it Clawson doesn't want UConn or UConn doesn't want Clawson. Still plenty of candidates out there.

Reaction Score
Or he has good feeback on the Wake job. My guess.

Agreed. If Clawson was interested in UCONN and Warde didn't grant an interview, then Warde needs his head examined.

Either Clawson didn't have interest in UCONN, or he got the Wake job.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Hoping this means Clawson had gotten word Narduzzi will be offered and accept the gig and bowed out to save face

My guess is something along these lines. I would have no idea why Warde wouldn't interview Clawson. But if Clawson feels that Narduzzi is UCONN's guy, then he can pull his name out and focus on Wake or other openings.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Disappointing, he was my first choice..I really think they have all their eggs in Narduzzis basket...Really think in the end it's going be Ambrose, I'm comfortable with all candidates...

Reaction Score
Remember theses earlier tweet (lotta educated guessing going on):

@footballscoop, #UConn has long sought Bowling Green headman Dave Clawson as its next coach; Clawson may go to Wake Forest this weekend.(10:24 AM - 6 Dec 13)

Jeremy Fowler‏@JFowlerCBS
12:36 PM - 2 Dec 13

There's been no contact between UConn and Bowling Green's Dave Clawson, which sort of surprised me. Thought they might kick tires there;

Jeremy Fowler‏@JFowlerCBS
4:26 PM - 5 Dec 13
Hearing Bowling Green's Dave Clawson could be in Wake mix, though no contact at this point.

Reaction Score
All I hear outside of us fans on UConn related message boards is that the uconn job is not desirable to a hot coach at the MAC level. Its unfortunate, but that's all I've been reading.

Reaction Score
HA - The brothers don't agree...

@footballscoop:
UConn: Athletic director Warde Manuel begins official interviews today. Interim head coach TJ Weist is on the docket. Would think that Dave Clawson would be today as well. We'll keep you posted.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
All I hear outside of us fans on UConn related message boards is that the uconn job is not desirable to a hot coach at the MAC level. Its unfortunate, but that's all I've been reading.

Me too. People around the country think of UCONN's job opening at an equivalent level as CCSU, it seems.

Reaction Score
Me too. People around the country think of UCONN's job opening at an equivalent level as CCSU, it seems.
The only one right who knows how desirable the job is would be Warde Manuel. Hopefully his interview list gets leaked out like the list did for the hockey job.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
If the names we have continually hear are true , it is obviously very desirable....If you told me that after first search yes, not this one...A 5 yr 10 million contract, or along those lines itself with make it very attractive....

Reaction Score
It's insane that the head coaches report to the AD but they make 5x what the AD does.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Or that a CF makes 5x what the manager makes or 8-9x the GM. Hey, they are the talent.

It's insane that the head coaches report to the AD but they make 5x what the AD does.

Reaction Score
Coaches don't make decisions based on message boards. If one does, he can't be that great.

Reaction Score
If a coach is as good as he thinks he is, then he'll be able to win the AAC and be ranked high enough to get a major bowl game. Then get picked up by a P5 school.

Good luck getting that far at Wake

Reaction Score
If a coach is as good as he thinks he is, then he'll be able to win the AAC and be ranked high enough to get a major bowl game. Then get picked up by a P5 school.

Good luck getting that far at Wake

Looking at it objectively, I would much rather be a coach at a P5 school than at an AAC school.

Reaction Score
Looking at it objectively, I would much rather be a coach at a P5 school than at an AAC school.

So you'd rather be in the ACC stuck in mediocrity at Wake and not spend 3-5 years at UConn, win a few conference titles and go to a top tier bowl game or 2, THEN go to the P5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom