Coaching Elements | The Boneyard

Coaching Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just curious - how would you rank the elements of coaching in college basketball in order of importance. In my mind, there are 4 components: (1) recruiting (2) player development (3) in-game coaching and (4) ego-management / player management. To be successful, I think the breakdown is
(1) recruiting 50% (2) player development 20% (3) in-game coaching 20% and (4) player management 10%.

Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
Just curious - how would you rank the elements of coaching in college basketball in order of importance. In my mind, there are 4 components: (1) recruiting (2) player development (3) in-game coaching and (4) ego-management / player management. To be successful, I think the breakdown is
(1) recruiting 50% (2) player development 20% (3) in-game coaching 20% and (4) player management 10%.

Any thoughts?
Fun question to kick around....I more or less agree with what you noted I suppose. Recruiting is certainly the biggest puzzle piece. Depending on how you recruit, that will also impact ego-management/player management as well. If you do it right on the front end, it shouldn't be a problem on the back end. I would put more emphasis on player development-the more you increase a kid's basketball IQ in practice in general, and coach them up with specific sets/defenses/concepts for individual games, the fewer changes/adjustments you have to make during a game. My $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom