Coaching Carousel..Sarkisian takes USC job Washington job now open | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaching Carousel..Sarkisian takes USC job Washington job now open

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Washington should offer Orgeron the balance of Sark's contract if there's at least 5 years left. I'm sure he could bring a few recruits with him and would take great joy in sticking it to USC. Would make UW relevant for a few years in a way that anyone save Peterson could not.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Is Sark getting paid $6 million a year? I hope not.

I am wondering the same thing. If Haden coughed up $5M/yr for Sark, I'll become very concerned with what kind of quality UCONN can find in the $2M-$2.5M/yr range. Sheesh!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'd be very happy with Oregano, I mean Oregeron, as our new head coach.

Reaction Score
Is any team, other than the slimy SEC willing to take a shot with Orgeron considering his background?

Reaction Score
He has apparently applied for the FAU head coaching job, would have been a good hire for us
Pass-he is offended that he wasn't given the job outright, so he quits and leaves the kids high and dry for the bowl game?! No thank you, not the type of person I want going into HS living rooms representing UConn to try and convince parents that he will take good care of their kid.

Reaction Score
I am wondering the same thing. If Haden coughed up $5M/yr for Sark, I'll become very concerned with what kind of quality UCONN can find in the $2M-$2.5M/yr range. Sheesh!

Not concerned about USC with respect to UConn’s football coach search. First, USC for better or worse is one of the elite college football programs up there with Texas, Ohio St, Michigan, ND, Alabama, etc. No coach who has a shot at one of those programs would be interested in UConn at this point in time. Second, USC’s Harden has made some very questionable hires over the last few years and thus USC overpaying to get Sark would not impact UConn’s ability to hire (hopefully) a well respected name in the $2 million range.

Reaction Score
Paging Mr. Ruskin...

Hey I resemble that remark. . . . . seriously, could be a model for TJ to consider as far as going from interim back to coordinator/position coach

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
As a side note; Sarkisian going to coach USC is what irritates me about some of the NCAA's policies.

So it's no problem for a coach to move from one team in a conference to another (and rightfully so), but a student-athlete is often times restricted from playing for an in-conference university (wrongfully so). I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that the NCAA and the coaches are all pimps. That's all...sorry about that...

Reaction Score
Hey I resemble that remark. . . . . seriously, could be a model for TJ to consider as far as going from interim back to coordinator/position coach

Ha... I just figured you'd let loose with the Ed O/GDL/PP connections over the years no way post ;)

Reaction Score
Ha... I just figured you'd let loose with the Ed O/GDL/PP connections over the years no way post ;)

No EdO gets a pass on GDL - he realized after one year what the deal was.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As a side note; Sarkisian going to coach USC is what irritates me about some of the NCAA's policies.

So it's no problem for a coach to move from one team in a conference to another (and rightfully so), but a student-athlete is often times restricted from playing for an in-conference university (wrongfully so). I just wanted to take this opportunity to say that the NCAA and the coaches are all pimps. That's all...sorry about that...

Do you realize the insanity that would ensue from athletes being able to jump with their coach? You would have entire teams basically hold themselves out to the highest bidder.

Or let's say a school really wanted to screw UConn. They hire UConn's coach after signing day in february, and bring the entire team over with him, or at least all the good players. UConn would be totally screwed. Even the NFL holds players to contracts.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Do you realize the insanity that would ensue from athletes being able to jump with their coach? You would have entire teams basically hold themselves out to the highest bidder.

Or let's say a school really wanted to screw UConn. They hire UConn's coach after signing day in february, and bring the entire team over with him, or at least all the good players. UConn would be totally screwed. Even the NFL holds players to contracts.

Do you realize the hypocrisy that has already ensued, from when these coaches walk into these young men's houses and tell them that they are going to have a chance to learn and grow under their tutelage, only for them to bolt for a higher paying job in a month?

Also, NOBODY said anything about taking away the sitting-one-year rule. What I'm talking about is having arbitrary rules that ban kids only from certain institutions, and only with the blessings of their corrupt coaches. That's the point! Some who might bolt on me tomorrow for anywhere he wishes shouldn't be able to control where I can bolt to...

Reaction Score
Pass-he is offended that he wasn't given the job outright, so he quits and leaves the kids high and dry for the bowl game?! No thank you, not the type of person I want going into HS living rooms representing UConn to try and convince parents that he will take good care of their kid.

Irrelevant. The only type of person I want going into HS living rooms representing UConn is someone who can target and land high quality talent - especially playmakers. This is big boy football, stuff like leaving after getting shafted by USC happen all the time - just deal.

Reaction Score
coachingsearch.com's list for UW - Peterson (Boise), Mora (UCLA), McIlwain (Colorado State), Nussmeier (Bama OC), DeRuyter (Fresno), Pinkel (Mizzou), Wilcox (UW DC)

@A_Jude: Chris Petersen, Doug Nussmeier have emerged as the apparent front-runners in UW's coaching search: http://post original url/JIGxQq7gQi

Mora staying @ UCLA and it sounds like Wilcox is heading to Troy w/ Sark.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Don't ever be sorry ,Howard Stern always says"the truth will set you free"

Reaction Score
Do you realize the hypocrisy that has already ensued, from when these coaches walk into these young men's houses and tell them that they are going to have a chance to learn and grow under their tutelage, only for them to bolt for a higher paying job in a month?

Also, NOBODY said anything about taking away the sitting-one-year rule. What I'm talking about is having arbitrary rules that ban kids only from certain institutions, and only with the blessings of their corrupt coaches. That's the point! Some who might bolt on me tomorrow for anywhere he wishes shouldn't be able to control where I can bolt to...
Excellent post bro. But I'm just wwondering rules do SEC schools have? Case in point Auburn's QB originally played at UGA, left to play on juco team for a yr I believe, then eends up at Auburn. Also weird was one Auburn's RBs (Grant is last name I believe) played at Bama then now transferred to Auburn. And u have LSU QB Mettenberger who got dismissed from UGA.
What is it about that conference that makes moving on to in conference schools seem easy?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Excellent post bro. But I'm just wwondering rules do SEC schools have? Case in point Auburn's QB originally played at UGA, left to play on juco team for a yr I believe, then eends up at Auburn. Also weird was one Auburn's RBs (Grant is last name I believe) played at Bama then now transferred to Auburn. And u have LSU QB Mettenberger who got dismissed from UGA.
What is it about that conference that makes moving on to in conference schools seem easy?
The NCAA mandates that transfers sit out for 1 year. Most conferences up that to 2 years if the player transfers within the conference. Not sure about the SEC, but they must just adhere to the NCAA rule...but maybe I read something recently that they were changing it to 2 years.

Reaction Score
coachingsearch.com's list for UW - Peterson (Boise), Mora (UCLA), McIlwain (Colorado State), Nussmeier (Bama OC), DeRuyter (Fresno), Pinkel (Mizzou), Wilcox (UW DC)

@A_Jude: Chris Petersen, Doug Nussmeier have emerged as the apparent front-runners in UW's coaching search: http://post original url/JIGxQq7gQi

Mora staying @ UCLA and it sounds like Wilcox is heading to Troy w/ Sark.

Cross off Pinkel:

Dave_Matter6:01pm via web
New at STLtoday: Pinkel pledges to stay at Mizzou & Alden releases statement on future discussionsstltoday.com/sports/college…

Reaction Score

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
They always say "scheduled to" instead of "will" so the can weasel out of their prediction when it doesnt happen. Pedersen could have had his pick of jobs and stayed at BSU. Can't imagine him going to UW.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like waiting until the end of season may hurt us?

Reaction Score
They always say "scheduled to" instead of "will" so the can weasel out of their prediction when it doesnt happen. Pedersen could have had his pick of jobs and stayed at BSU. Can't imagine him going to UW.

Maybe it's the right time and situation for Coach Petersen and his family. Been a BSU for awhile.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Looks like Washington hit the jackpot. Haden looks like an even bigger idiot now.

Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like waiting until the end of season may hurt us?
Yes, but maybe its just me. Our season ending this late may be the real culprit. In any event I just hope they get it right. I don't view Boise as a better job than UConn irregardless of their past success. We will see how the next guy does. I read recently how it just got harder to get Jucos into your school. This will affect Boise and Kansas State quite a bit I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom