Coaches Poll So Carolina 6th Lady Vols 25th | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaches Poll So Carolina 6th Lady Vols 25th

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think that was last road victory against top 5

And UConn was exactly #5 at the time (Tennessee was #4). Clearly a down year for the Huskies.

Also, wasn't that game in Hartford, not Storrs?

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I would guess the winner of the ACC would be a 1 seed before MD. The committee is not too happy about Brenda's scheduling. The only way to get these teams to get out of their conference and schedule ranked opponents is to punish them with the seeding in the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
I would guess the winner of the ACC would be a 1 seed before MD. The committee is not too happy about Brenda's scheduling. The only way to get these teams to get out of their conference and schedule ranked opponents is to punish them with the seeding in the NCAAs.
I don't view that as an Unpopular Opinion (except in College Park). I think it is right on the money; the NCAA has an opportunity to make a statement, and this is starting to look like an ideal opportunity.

Just what we need; Frese & Co. all riled up.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn women's basketball.

I don't know if you meant it this way but it seemed to me that your response to Volup was a bit snarky. And I think that's too bad. It's not a gracious way to treat a guest.

It's actually an interesting bit of trivia - it points out that Tennessee hasn't been a juggernaut for a decade now and that the woes the team has experienced aren't solely the responsibility of Warlick. The decline clearly began while Summitt was still at the helm and perhaps before the onset of her disease.

Reaction Score
I don't know if you meant it this way but it seemed to me that your response to Volup was a bit snarky. And I think that's too bad. It's not a gracious way to treat a guest.

It's actually an interesting bit of trivia - it points out that Tennessee hasn't been a juggernaut for a decade now and that the woes the team has experienced aren't solely the responsibility of Warlick. The decline clearly began while Summitt was still at the helm and perhaps before the onset of her disease.
You are very perceptive. Long-time BY-ers know this is the standard "polite" response for trolls - much like someone from Georgia might say, "Bless your little heart." Volup1's piece of trivia had already been brought up on the BY in the last day or so, and I interpreted his post as being mildly trollish and a little bit just to remind us who won last time we played (Yes, yes - we do remember. Candice made sure of that after being de-selected for the Olympic team last year...)

My sincere apologies if I was unjustified in offending a welcome visitor from Tennessee. I truly enjoy our visitor fans from other top teams, and believe that our making them feel welcome really makes the BY a special place.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You are very perceptive. Long-time BY-ers know this is the standard "polite" response for trolls - much like someone from Georgia might say, "Bless your little heart." Volup1's piece of trivia had already been brought up on the BY in the last day or so, and I interpreted his post as being mildly trollish and a little bit just to remind us who won last time we played (Yes, yes - we do remember. Candice made sure of that after being de-selected for the Olympic team last year...)

My sincere apologies if I was unjustified in offending a welcome visitor from Tennessee. I truly enjoy our visitor fans from other top teams, and believe that our making them feel welcome really makes the BY a special place.

Mechelle Voepel also has an odd fascination with the minutiae of games that took place over 10 years ago:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I believe the game was much more famous for this than anything else.

that was nice, thanks for the highlight reel

the weather was amazing that day.

I missed the dunk cause I was in the hall with doggydaddy and VolGirl5... late from the BY Halftime Gathering

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom