Coaches Poll Out Today at Noon | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coaches Poll Out Today at Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
We should count our lucky stars. We don't deserve a top 25 spot because we are only a mid-major. What did we ever do to earn a place this high in the rankings?

What did we ever do to earn a place this high in the rankings? Oh, I don't know... how about winning the national title last year? How about winning more national championships than any program in the country over the last 15 years?

By the way, nothing is EARNED in preseason rankings, because, well, its the PRESEASON.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What did we ever do to earn a place this high in the rankings? Oh, I don't know... how about winning the national title last year? How about winning more national championships than any program in the country over the last 15 years?

By the way, nothing is EARNED in preseason rankings, because, well, its the PRESEASON.
Me thinks he was being facetious. A dig on those who turd on the conference.

Reaction Score
I actually think UNC will be very good (they're the favorite to win the ACC, in my mind). Shooting will be a concern like it was last season, but they rebound like a pack of wolves, defend well, and when you have one of the best point guards in the country, you can overcome a lot of shooting deficiencies. In the front court, they rotate four or five big-bodied athletes who are a nightmare to deal with. I was actually really glad Iowa State beat them - they wouldn't have been a good match-up, and sans McAdoo (who I thought was overrated anyway), they return pretty much everybody.
Wonder how Kennedy Meeks' weight loss will impact the team. Dude has lost 50+ pounds since he's been at UNC.

Reaction Score
Wonder how Kennedy Meeks' weight loss will impact the team. Dude has lost 50+ pounds since he's been at UNC.

Could be huge. He averaged 19 points and 15 rebounds per 40 minutes last season, but could only stay on the floor in short spurts because of a lack of conditioning. He almost seems like a rich man's version of Joshua Smith from Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Meeks lost a ton of weight

Bz8BTseCIAE_ewn.jpg

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Not as big as sean may from that picture ha.. May covered the paint ha...I had to look at this picture for a good minute to actually believe it was meeks....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Gullible is written on the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1