Coaches casting wide net | The Boneyard

Coaches casting wide net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting to me that, when you look at make up of the squad out thru the 2016 recruits, there are players recruited to UCONN from Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Canada, Cal, Nevada, Maryland, CT, Virginia, Arizona, Texas, NY.
(I'd still like to see a board somewhere at Gampel which lists players by state of origin, as I can see a recruit from Cal looking up and being amazed by the talent we've drawn from Cal, for example, and thinking, "Wow, I'd like to be part of THAT tradition at UCONN" - or a kid from Oregon thinking, "Hey, my name would always be a the top of THAT board, " etc. Could be just one more recruiting chip and interesting for fans to peruse as well....could maybe have some symbols for Nat Championships and other honors and the like after the names.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Ultimately, the most successful programs can, and must, recruit nationally. In all sports, really.

This is balanced by the need to keep really good "in-state" players home, but of course the larger states have a disproportionate amount of the good players compared to Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom