Coaches/AP Poll Week 10 (NR/No votes) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaches/AP Poll Week 10 (NR/No votes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It's a Top 25, not a Top 40 or Top 351. Most voters go by the rule that if you lose during a given week, you drop a few spots. Ergo, if you're at No. 24 or 25 and you lose, probably every voter will have you out of the rankings, meaning no votes.
All those other teams receiving some votes picked up a few here and there at No. 20 or 22 or whatever. In the aggregate, if every voter was ranking every team, UConn would probably be 26-30. But it doesn't work that way. It's not impossible given our situation we could receive zero votes, and it's not a sign of lack of respect or anything else.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's a Top 25, not a Top 40 or Top 351. Most voters go by the rule that if you lose during a given week, you drop a few spots. Ergo, if you're at No. 24 or 25 and you lose, probably every voter will have you out of the rankings, meaning no votes.
All those other teams receiving some votes picked up a few here and there at No. 20 or 22 or whatever. In the aggregate, if every voter was ranking every team, UConn would probably be 26-30. But it doesn't work that way. It's not impossible given our situation we could receive zero votes, and it's not a sign of lack of respect or anything else.

On the other hand - if its a sign of respect - I dont want any of that either

Reaction Score

Yeah, I'm with you. I can't complain that they didn't get any top-25 votes when I didn't have them in the top-25 myself. There are, for sure, a few head-scratchers in there, but it's not like the voters decided, as an entity, to tell UConn to go screw.

Reaction Score
I hope we never have to depend on justifying losing to become a top 25 team. I have no problem with other teams losing and staying in, here at UConn I expect better.

Right now we just need stop losing home games, especially against non-ranked teams.

Reaction Score
I'm not usually critical of fellow boneyarder's but to get back to where we were before the Temple loss we will need to
Beat Memphis at home ( done) actually the easiest.
win at Tulsa
and at Houston
How likely is that ?
If we split ,which I'll take , the next allowable lose is at Memphis.
That's how you define a bad lose.

Reaction Score

This makes sense in principle, but then why did we get 34 points in the Coaches' Poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom